At Canada Drives, we believe the experience of buying a vehicle should be easy and satisfying. Since 2010, we have used technology to simplify the process of finding the right vehicle for any Canadian of all financial circumstances. Through our online application process today we connect nearly half a million Canadians per year with dealerships across Canada.
For our next decade, we are excited to launch 100% online vehicle purchasing, with wide selection, great deals, and with speedy at-home delivery. Our vision is that buying and financing a vehicle will be fair, fast, simple and seamless.
We are excited to be offering this role and we want you to join our expanding team!
What You'll Be Doing:
We have available positions for curious, motivated analytical experts to bring the power of data-driven insights to the automotive retail and consumer finance customer experience. Your work will impact potentially millions of Canadians, helping match customers with the perfect vehicle, at the right price and with the best financing. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to apply a range of methods and tools from machine learning, statistics, data analysis, operations research and modern programming to a range of use cases across the automotive retail experience. You will be a trusted resource inside Canada Drives, providing insights, reports and sharing the data story.
We are seeking someone who will thrive and be a champion of our culture of learning, entrepreneurship, and shared accountability. We have a unique opportunity to grow our data team from the ground up, taking advantage of an industry-leading data access to transform the retail automotive experience for Canadians.
NOTE - This is a full time permanent position, eligible for remote/work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada who are legally entitled to work in Canada. Preference will be for candidateswith proximity to Vancouver.
What You Should Already Have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or a similar technical discipline.
- 2+ years experience in applying analytics, data engineering or data science
- Proficiency in working with SQL, Python and/or R across large data sets
- Proficiency in using modern data visualization tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI or similar
- Confident communication skills and a willingness to seek our needs and find answers
- The ability think think critically about complex problems, challenge assumptions and implement creative solutions
What Would Be Nice To Have:
- A Master's degree or higher, focused in data science, analytics or software engineering
- Experience applying data science in the eCommerce, logistics, digital marketing or consumer finance domains
- Familiarity with related disciplines such as project management, user experience design, software development and digital marketing
- Experience in establishing data technology foundations for agile business intelligence, data lakes and data workbenches, and applied machine learning/AI
- Experience with large-scale data analysis technologies (e.g. Relational and NoSQL data stores, Spark framework, and cloud development in the AWS Ecosystem)
- Experience working with Salesforce data models and with applications across the Salesforce Ecosystem
- Specializations and applied experience in the following areas:
- Pricing Analysis and Appraisal
- Customer Segmentation and Intent Modeling
- Marketing Attribution and Targeting
- Logistics Simulation and Optimization
- Recommendation Engines
- Funnel Analysis and Site Flow Optimization
- Consumer Credit and Risk Modeling