Since our humble beginnings back in 2003, relationships have been at the core of PlentyOfFish. We’re all about bringing great people together, and that all starts right here, with the employees of PlentyOfFish. We’re a team of passionate, driven individuals who are dedicated to helping people all over the world find love.
Today, we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our talented team. You will work with our Data Science team designing and running split tests, building complex predictive models, creating forecasts, and mining deep insights from raw and unstructured data.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong quantitative background in academia or industry who thrives when working on large projects independently and as a member of a lean, accomplished team.
So, what will you do?
- Perform deep dives into unstructured data and build complex models to extract valuable insights into our users and the business
- Perform time series analysis and forecasting for a variety of important business and operational metrics
- Coordinate with the Analytics team to define events and institute best practices for data collection, storage and retrieval
- Coordinate with the Product team to identify and measure key business areas and provide them with actionable insights
- Develop and implement complex metrics to detect and analyze subtle trends in business performance
- Develop detailed data models to explain user behaviour and discern complicated patterns
- Help foster a data driven culture across the company
- Maintain and improve the automated scam detection platform
- Maintain and improve the algorithms we use to match users
- Work within the broader team to help make POF more successful
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- M.S or PhD in a quantitative field such as physics, mathematics, statistics, biostats, economics or computer science
- Industry experience as a Data Scientist or demonstrated ability to drive value through data science projects
- Solid understanding of fundamental statistics: inference, Bayesian methods, likelihood estimation, decision theory, Monte-Carlo methods and sampling theory
- Knowledge of experiment design and hypothesis testing
- Solid understanding of the scientific method
- Knowledgeable in data cleaning, data mining and machine learning
- Ability to rapidly acquire and adopt new knowledge and techniques
- Proficient with standard SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with R or Python and their data science/machine learning packages
- Comfortable working independently on large projects (demonstrated via industry or academic experience) or as part of a diverse team of different skills as necessary
- Ability to see the "big picture" and how your work relates to POF’s entire business - and the ability prioritize your research work accordingly
- Familiarity with NoSQL, graph databases and distributed machine learning a plus
Every day, over 4 million people trust us to help them meet someone special by using our service, and we take that responsibility very seriously. The scale of our products may be tremendous, but our commitment to helping each of our 80+ employees reach their highest potential is unwavering.
At PlentyOfFish we work hard, and make a real difference in the world, but make sure to leave some time for fun in the process. We organize team building activities, volunteer in our community, and even celebrate staff birthdays and milestones. Every year, the entire team is invited to a weekend-long team building event to celebrate the holiday season.
The industry of online dating is constantly evolving, and so is our business. PlentyOfFish is credited as a true pioneer in free dating, but we have our sights set on our exciting new phase of growth as we lay the foundation for years to come. Join us!
Posted: February 23, 2017
Closes:March 25, 2017