Finning (UK) Ltd Number of Openings:
The Data Scientist will be focused on solving real world business challenges and optimizing our business performance, with a particular emphasis on advanced analytics in the forecasting and optimization space.
They will rely on a strong background and love for predictive modeling, machine learning, time series forecasting, statistics, and optimization, and use these skills to deliver trusted solutions that the business can rely on for multi-million dollar decisions every month.Job Description:Major Job Roles:
- Implement cutting edge forecasting and predictive solutions tailored to our business needs
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their core problems and deliver solutions that solve their real needs
- Use cloud technology and distributed computing to deliver modern forecasts in a timely manner
- Build solutions that are reliable and robust, leveraging best practices in both software development and data science
- Drive relentlessly towards continuous improvement of the end solutions
- PhD orMastersgraduate in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other technical field from an accredited university
- 3-5 years ' of post education experience (bonus if you have experience in business forecasting)
- Exceptional coding skill in either R or Python (for this role you will likely use both)
- Familiar with using cloud technologies (we use Azure) for distributed computing
- Strong background in core data science (predictive modelling, regression/classification, cross-validation, etc.)
- Greatcommunicator, collaborator, and influencer, and you love working with business stakeholders
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Information Technology Science