External Job Description Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor Teck's safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Assess opportunities to apply advanced analytics to optimizing the concentrator at Teck's Highland Valley Copper Operation; design and drive the implementation of Machine Learning and Data Analytics solutions to optimize safety, productivity, and sustainability:
- Effectively plan projects and communicate project status, emerging issues, and next steps to relevant stakeholders in the organization
- Analyze and profile large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools
- Use data science techniques to find data patterns, anomalies, and optimization opportunities
- Solve complex data analytics problems with operations and specialist stakeholders by designing, developing and implementing sustainable data science solutions
- Interpret, translate and communicate analytical findings to business stakeholders using effective and relevant visualizations
- Advanced degree in business analytics, statistics, operations research, applied mathematics, computer science, or engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant hands-on experience in planning, developing and launching advanced analytics and machine learning projects. Experience or education in mineral processing and/or process control would be an asset.
- Ability to work well as part of agile, multidisciplinary teams that include both Teck operations and support personnel and external partner companies.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python. Additional programming languages such as Java, R, Microsoft .NET, C#, and SQL would be an asset.
- A deep understanding of a variety of statistical concepts, machine learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- Experience with popular machine learning frameworks and libraries (xgboost/lightGBM, Keras, Tensorflow, airflow, pandas, numpy, etc).
- Experience with popular optimization framework and libraries (Gurobi, IBM Cplex and MiniZinc, etc).
- Experience with version control using Git and Code Collaboration practices.
- Working knowledge of enterprise-grade cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with designing experiments and collecting data for deriving data analytics insights and problem-solving.
- Front end development knowledge would be an asset.
- Interest in the mining industry and knowledge of systems used in engineering, operations, process control, environment and maintenance functions.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to mine sites in Southern British Columbia
About Teck Job Segment:
Cloud, Research Scientist, Computer Science, Front End, Technology, Science, Mining