Job Description Summary
We are looking for an experienced Master Data Specialist with strong analytical skills and a continuous improvement mindset to join our Operations team on a 1 year contract with potential for full-time employment. This is an exciting opportunity to work cross-functionally on key master data projects across the organization, and have a strong influence on company objectives and continuous improvement initiatives.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining master data in our business systems. You will work with teams to document, establish and promote best practices for data management and governance of STEMCELL's operational master data. This role is highly collaborative with business leaders and partners to improve data quality and standards with a focus on increasing the strategic value of data to the business.
If you have experience with master data creation/maintenance combined with strong communication abilities, and are excited about joining Canada's largest biotech company, we'd love to hear from you!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Documents data governance policies, processes, and guidelines, working together with business teams to nurture a culture of accountability for complete and accurate data
- Reports on KPIs to manage and improve data quality, identifies and recommends ways to make improvements
- Partner with technology and business teams to drive data improvement activities and projects
- Support & implement data management methodologies that support STEMCELL's business initiatives
- Serve as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes & procedures associated with some or most of SAP modules (i.e. MM, SD, VM, FICO, PP, EWM, MDG etc.)
- Serve as the subject matter expert and central "go-to" person to train business users in master data creation/maintenance
- Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of data definitions, master data processes, and data standards
- Identify data quality initiatives and work with functional data stewards/owners to ensure the quality, integrity, and completeness of master data is maintained
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field, or a combination of education and experience. Master's degree, Change Management Certification, or PMP are assets
- 6+ years of Data Management experience at the enterprise level, working with the SAP S/4HANA system. Experience with PIM and/ or MDG systems considered an asset
- Experience in Master data objects (i.e. Business Partner, Customer, Vendor, Material, Product, Finance) and Data Governance program knowledge (i.e. Data Cataloging, Data Quality, Business Glossary, metadata management, Data Lineage)
- Experience with using data cleansing and migration tools such as Legacy Transformation Migration Cockpit (LTMC) and/or Legacy System Migration Work Bench (LSMW) is an asset
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills in working with and manipulating large amounts of data via utilizing Business Intelligence Technologies like Tableau, SAP Analytical Cloud or similar Tools
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate multiple stakeholders across diverse and competing interests
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians