As a result of growth our client is looking to add a contract data engineer to the team to build new components and add additional functionality to a large-scale system being implemented.
- 6-month Data Engineer contract
- Great chance to be part of a large-scale business transformation
- Enterprise organization with a global footprint who has seen tremendous growth year over year.
What & Why:
You will be responsible for using structured tools for analysis and presentation of concepts and models to enhance the BRD. You will be developing, maintaining and delivering training materials to the supply chain end-users and working collaboratively with external consultants, internal & external resources throughout the project lifecycle to ensure system modifications meet business needs. You will also be responsible for supporting day to day reporting needs where required.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and have recently won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 is shaping up to be the largest year of their 20+ year history with major investment in technology as well as an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver with full remote on-boarding capability.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- Proven experience in managing data warehouses and ETL pipelines (Min. 2 years)
- Solid scripting capability for analysis and reporting (Strong PL/SQL)
- Strong analytical skills to support BAs.
- Strong problem-solving skills (Math skills required for data modeling)
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Possess expert level understanding of software development practices and project life cycles.
- Working Experience with cloud-native technologies
- Working Experience with PostgreSQL, database performance optimization skills.
- Knowledge on git process, code reviews is a plus.
- Airflow experience / knowledge is also a plus.
- Programming language knowledge like java, python is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Comp Sci, MIS, Business or related experience.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology