6-month contract Data Engineer role with an enterprise client investing heavily in marketing and analytics.
- 6-month contract Data Engineer role
- Global enterprise organization with a renewed focus on marketing technologies
- Full remote onboarding and work environment during Covid19
What & Why:
As a result of major investment into their marketing team, our client is looking to add a Data Engineer to their team to help upgrade the marketing teams email capability through the implementation of a new tool. The ROI on this is massive, you will be helping to communicate the right message to the right customer at the right time on the right communication channel. You will be responsible for the expansion and optimization of their data collection and data pipeline architecture and monitoring and support of the data pipelines and ETL workflows. You will also be handling the Azure infrastructure administration and overseeing and participating in the production deployments. There is a large stakeholder group that you will be working with that includes global vendors and internal teams.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and have recently won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 is shaping up to be the largest year of their 20+ year history with major investment in technology as well as an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 3+ years and a proven record of success in building data pipelines and ETL workflows
- 2+ years with building data pipelines in Azure cloud
- 2+ years using big data tools: Databricks, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience managing outages, customer escalations, crisis management, and other similar circumstances.
- Proficient in Python, PySpark, SQL, PowerShell,.
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing (Email,Search-Engine Marketing, Social, Affiliate)
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology