We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Data Engineer) in data analytics to help us grow. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse and experienced team. If you have passion in tackling complexity and building big data platforms, then this role is for you!
As one of the top revenue driving brands in the Match Group (the owner of Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com), and with over 100M users and 50,000 new users per day, Plenty of Fish has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer What will you do?
- Work directly on product based features to deliver on your teams short and long term objectives
- Build distributed data pipelines including real-time machine learning applications, structured data lakes, and real-time data processors to handle billions of daily data events and ensure data integrity.
- Develop applications and APIs that enable other teams to consume and understand data faster
- Implement applications in distributed data processing frameworks (such as Apache Spark)
- Improve the quality of our data tools and large scale data infrastructure
- Education in Computer Science or other related fields
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Java/Scala in a Linux environment
- High-performance batch and real-time data pipes
- Big data technology using Hadoop
- SQL / NoSQL
- Machine Learning experience
- Spark and Kafka
- Graphite and Grafana
- Stream processing and REST
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.