Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
The Data Engineer is a key member of the Data and Analytics team, responsible for helping to ingest new and disparate data sources in multiple formats and technologies into our global data platforms. Working to expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection and modeling of data. Primarily using the leading-edge products within the Azure cloud environment.
The successful candidate will be involved with the delivery of project objectives and work on various Data Engineering initiatives, including activities such as designing, developing, and testing Business Intelligence and other Data Engineering solutions. The individual will be self-motivated, is a quick learner and has a passion for unlocking intrinsic value within data by using new technologies
Finning is the worlds Largest Caterpillar dealer. We are passionate about data. If you are interested please apply today. We would love to talk with you. We are considering candidates from Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.Job Description:
- Develop and maintain data pipeline processes that can consume data from many different sources in many different formats, such as JSON, XML, Relational DB, etc...
- Work with the business and non-technical stakeholders to discover and document technical requirements and understanding the core problem
- Monitors, troubleshooting and resolving of issues with our data platform
- Drive the continual improvement of ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating and/or simplifying self-service support
- Stay abreast of innovations in Cloud infrastructure, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Warehouse tools and technologies
- Fully participates in the technical solutioning process in a collaborative way across multiple functional teams
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience coding in C# or Python
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with relational databases, SQL and T-SQL (or any other procedural DB language)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience developing data injection, consumption, ETL, data sanitization and developing and maintaining the whole cycle of a traditional data warehouse by using tools such as or similar to Azure Data Factory, and Azure Functions.
- Experience utilizing SQL, C#, Spark, Python, DataBricks and the like, to consume, transform, curate large volumes of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Knowledge of IDEs such as VS, VS Code & IntelliJ/Pycharm. Spark and Databricks
- Experience working with data warehouses and maintaining the whole cycles from gathering requirements to delivering facts and dimensions to stakeholders
- Experience consuming and creating RESTFUL API's
- Familiar with code versioning tools like GIT
- Experience in infrastructure automation/orchestration is a plus
- Familiar with config management systems like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with public cloud platforms (Azure is preferred) and a solid understanding of the tradeoffs between PaaS and IaaS
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.