Permanent Data Engineer role with a highly respected R&D organization in the biotech industry.
- Permanent Data Engineer role with a highly respected R&D organization working on a greenfield team.
- Highly successful organization in the biotech industry
- Amazing opportunity to have a direct impact on the outputs of an award-winning product
What & Why:
As a result of massive growth and a highly successful IPO our client is looking to add a Data Engineer to their cross-functional team. You will be an important part of building a dynamic and scalable architecture in support of their rapidly advancing data pipeline. The ideal candidate will have experience working with ambiguity and be a creative thinker as the data landscape continues to evolve in scale, complexity, and demand. You will spend your days focused on the design and implementation of a sophisticated data architecture that maximizes data quality, value, and velocity based on the needs of a talented team of scientists and developers. You will be working with a highly educated and passionate organization who truly is helping to make the world a better place.
Our client is an innovative and successful organization with a highly reputable leadership team. The Vancouver headquartered company is growing by leaps and bounds! This is a company you can be proud to work for, and given their growth, there is opportunity for long-term career development. They are work remote for the time being but have a great office space located in Olympic Village.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 5+ years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture.
- 4+ years of work experience in writing advanced SQL
- Experience with Relational SQL and NoSQL databases: Postgres, MS SQL Server, and Cassandra, etc.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries, extracting and importing disparate data from source systems, and data manipulation based on requirement
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with data lakes, data warehousing, and the associated tools and applications for managing the flow of data across these environments.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Big Data & Analytics, or related fields.
- Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset
- Native AWS technologies for data and analytics such as Redshift Spectrum, Athena, S3, Lambda, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, SNS, CloudWatch, etc. or equivalent relevant technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Alteryx, Matillion, Boomi , etc.)
- Expertise in one or more programming languages, preferably Scala, PySpark, Python and/or Java.
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.).
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology