Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
Data is deeply embedded in the product and engineering culture at Finning, to maximize productivity and safety of Finning engineers and our customers. The Data Engineer will be focused on building a state-of-the-art data foundation to solve real world business challenges and optimizing Finning processes across a wide range of areas including supply chain, marketing, pricing, and sales. Working alongside a first-class Data Science team, this position will be developing reliable and scalable data-driven solutions for optimizing maintenance, inventory, fuel, scheduling, and other services for Finning customers. This position will require a background and love for data modeling, building batch processes, and working with data architects and infrastructure team to build end-to-end data processing pipelines.
The Data Engineer will work under the mentorship of Senior Data Engineers and other leaders on the team and work in collaboration with other members on the Finning Digital teams, including Project Managers, Product Managers, Visual Analysts, and Architects, Software and Data Engineers and more as we continue to explore new areas inside and outside of business, on our digital journey. This position will work with machine health and productivity data received from over 25,000 connected equipment, transactional data for Finning sales and services, customer relationship data, marketing data, and public data sources such as weather and macroeconomic factors.Job Description:
Education & Experience:
- Develop and maintain data integration processes that can consume data from many different sources in many different formats
- Work with the business and non-technical stakeholders to discover and document technical requirements and understanding the core problem
- Monitors, troubleshooting and resolving of issues with our hybrid (on premise and cloud) data platform
- Drive the continually improvement of ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating and/or simplifying self-service support
- Stay abreast of innovations in Cloud infrastructure, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Warehouse tools and technologies
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines
- Gather requirements, design and maintain the delivery roadmap, and deliver results
- Create automated metrics using complex distributed databases and sources
- Present technical plan to and implement feedback from cross functional teams across a Finning
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience coding in C# or Python
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with relational databases, SQL and T-SQL (or any other procedural DB language)
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing data injection, consumption, ETL, data sanitization and developing and maintaining the whole cycle of a traditional data warehouse
- Experience consuming, transforming, cleaning and persisting large amounts of data.
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting
- Experience working with data warehouse and maintaining the whole cycles from gathering requirements to delivering facts and dimensions to stakeholders
- Experience consuming and creating RESTFUL API's
- Familiar with code versioning tool like GIT
- Experience in infrastructure automation/orchestration is a plus
- Familiar with config management systems like Terra Form, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with public cloud platforms ( Azure is preferred) and a solid understanding of the tradeoffs between PaaS and IaaS
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.