IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a QA Analyst (Data Management) to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Develop & Execute Test Cases, and document results for data-oriented solutions (EDW, Data Lake, etc.), including ELT/ETL data pipelines that process data in batch, micro-batch, and real-time
- QA of presentation layers (Tableau data sources, Tableau dashboards, SSRS Reports, SSAS Tabular Model, etc.)
- Develop automated test scripts (SQL, SparkSQL) within QA framework
- Participate in work planning including calculation of testing estimates
- Lead the development, establishment, and enforcement of quality assurance processes, measures and testing standards, providing QA expertise and support to developers and other QAs on team
- Actively support the Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Top Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree in business, computer science or equivalent
- 5 years quality assurance experience in a data-oriented environment, including direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software.
- Use of JIRA and Zephyr for test management
- 2+ years working directly with relational databases and SQL, including the ability to write queries to validate data accuracy and quality. SQL Server experience would be an asset.
- 2+ years working with cloud data platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer, Cloud DataFlow, Google Cloud Functions, Dataproc) or AWS (S3, Glue, Lambda, SNS, Lake Formation, CloudFormation, Athena)
- Kafka experience an asset
- Tableau experience an asset
- Python experience an asset
- Understanding of dimensional modeling, star schemas, and associated Kimball methodology
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- A proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.