Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Data is deeply embedded in the product and engineering culture at Finning, to maximize productivity and safety of Finning engineers and our customers. We are looking for an experienced integration (data) engineer to join us in a technical leadership role. Your focus will be on building a state-of-the-art data foundation to solve real world business challenges and optimizing Finning processes across a wide range of areas including supply chain, marketing, pricing, and sales. As part of the Finning Global Digital Services team, headquartered in Vancouver BC, you will also utilize your technical skills to contribute to architecture and technology choices and will be the voice of experience to your junior team members. You will be working closely with cross-functional teams using agile methodologies and tools, processing machine health and productivity data from over 25,000 connected equipment, transactional data for Finning sales and services, customer relationship data, marketing data, and public data sources such as weather and macroeconomic factors. This position will require a background and love for data modeling, building batch processes, and working with data architects and infrastructure team to build end-to-end data processing pipelines. If you want to shape where Finning Digital goes in future, please apply and let's talk.Job Description:
- Extract, transform and load data from internal and external systems to Azure services using a combination of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Databricks, T-SQL, and Spark SQL.
- Analyze, design and build modern data solutions using Azure PaaS services to support visualization of data.
- Understand current state of applications and determine the impact of new implementations on existing business processes.
- Create, deploy, and monitor pipelines in Azure Data Factory using Linked Services/Datasets/Pipelines to extract, transform and load data from internal and external data sources.
- Estimate, monitor and troubleshoot Azure Databricks clusters.
- Optimize performance of Azure data services (e.g. Spark applications).
- Create automated metrics using complex distributed databases and sources
- Manage and mentor the data team members and contractors
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software development experience with at least 3+ years as a team lead
- 5+ years of experience in Azure, AWS, or GCP
- 5+ years of experience in developing data injection, consumption, ETL, and data sanitization processes
- Practical experience with Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL and SQL data warehouse, and Azure Databricks services.
- Experience in developing Spark applications using Python, Scala, or Spark SQL in Azure Databricks for data extraction, transformation and aggregation from multiple file formats for analyzing & transforming the data to uncover insights into the customer usage patterns.
- Good understanding of Spark architecture including Spark Core, Spark SQL, Data Frames, Spark Streaming, Driver Node, Worker Node, Stages, Executors and Tasks.
- Experience in Database Design and development with business intelligence using SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), DTS Packages, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), DAX, OLAP Cubes, Star and Snowflake schemas
- Expertise in various phases of project lifecycles (Design, Analysis, Implementation and testing).
- Good knowledge of database administration and database performance tuning to provide scalability and accessibility in timely fashion, provide 24/7 availability of data, and solve end-user reporting and access problems.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of data/software engineers.
- Excellent communication skills with excellent work ethics and a proactive team player with a positive attitude.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.