12-month Data Engineer contract role with an enterprise organization located in Burnaby
- 12-month Data Engineer contract
- Industry leading enterprise organization
- Great office space located in Burnaby with remote on-boarding
What & Why:
As a result of growth, our client is looking to add a Data Engineer to their data management team. You will be working on various Data Management initiatives, including activities such as: reviewing business requirements, analysis of corporate data, and designing, developing, and testing Business Intelligence and other data management solutions. You will be working with a cross-functional team mapping reports and associated data entities to source systems and the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Data Lake (DL). You will also be responsible for designing and developing reporting templates, reports, and other information delivery solutions;
performing system and integration testing of the end user reports and tool functionality and providing day-to-day support of the EDW and DL environments, with excellent customer service to internal clients, monitor new deployments and services, escalating issues where appropriate. This is a growing team with many initiatives on the go for 2020 and beyond.
Our client has one of the best workplaces in the lower Mainland and one of the most stable contractor environments. They truly value the work of contractors and have a great work life balance. They are located in Burnaby with great parkland paths surrounding them. They have free parking on-site and a shuttle bus from Gilmore Skytrain station. They offer full remote on-boarding during Covid-19 and will remain working remote until it is safe to return.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 5+ years of experience working in a directly comparable role responsible for data warehouse and data lake development
- At least five years working with Microsoft SQL Server DBMS
- At least three years working with Microsoft Business Intelligence software; SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- At least three years demonstrated experience performing data analysis
- At least three years demonstrated knowledge with complex T-SQL, including stored procedures, nested queries, and data transformation.
- Experience in data warehouse concepts, including dimensional modelling and design
- Experience with Tableau software would be an asset
- Experience with Bitbucket software would be an asset
- Experience with AWS-based technologies such as S3, Glue, Lambda, Lake Formation, CloudFormation, EMR, Athena, RDS, Redshift would be an asset
- Experience with data and event stream processing using Kafka/ksqlDB would be an asset
- Experience with modern programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, C#, etc.) would be an asset
- Ability to design and implement innovative yet practical solutions to Business Intelligence problems
- Knowledgeable of software design and development lifecycle, DevOps, and Agile development practices
- Ability to conceptualize applications from both a technical/programming perspective and a business point of view.
- A proven ability to identify core business requirements from more general discussion and ability to translate these into technical requirements and specifications.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology