At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We are one of the world's leading online dating platforms with millions of daily active members. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group
(owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH.)
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer Analytic to join the Data Engineering team at Plenty Of Fish. In this role you will be responsible for delivering new data and Analytic features, architecting and maintaining the data warehouse, improving and developing data and analytic pipeline, data lakes, making data ready for analytic, resolving issues, evaluating new technologies, and participating in the strategic direction of the Data Engineering team.
So, what will you do?
- Architecting, maintaining and improving data warehouse to insure a singular source of truth
- Owning end-to-end data analytics project deliveries with little guidance by removing business ambiguity in collaboration with team members
- Providing simple, efficient, and scalable solutions to solve complex problems, and planning accurately the execution and the delivery of the projects
- Designing, developing, and maintaining performant data analytics pipelines
- Delivering high quality data analytics assets and influencing best practice adoption and process improvements
- Responding to troubleshooting and supporting other teams in the resolution of their problems
- Supporting in the creation and ongoing communication of a technical vision
- Documenting system architecture and best practice processes
- Researching and advocating for the adoption of industry standard tools and technologies
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- 5+ years of experience in building data engineering pipelines and systems
- 5+ years programming experience (ideally Python)
- 5+ years of experience in SQL
- Proven experience with Agile methodologies
- Good communication skills
- Experience with .net, service-oriented architecture, java, airflow (python), SQL, SSIS, Spark, Kafka, GCP, and monitoring tools (tableau, splunk), docker, Kubernetes
Why Plenty of Fish?
We have remote options available
Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days and your birthday off
RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
Match Group mentorship program
Maternity & parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
Extended health & dental benefits from day one
Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.