IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is currently seeking a Data Developer to join our client in the Burnaby, B.C.
About Our Client
- Industry leading organization with a global presence
- Undergoing technology upgrades and refresh projects
- Strong company culture and high employee retention rates
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Develop a clear understanding of information needs
- Review the detailed reporting and analytics requirements
- Provide guidance and assistance in understanding the data and proposed Business Intelligence solutions
- Working with the Data Architect and Data Management team:
- Identify and define important information components and develop definitions
- Map reports and associated data subjects / entities to source systems and the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and/or Data Lake (DL)
- Design, develop, and manage Business Intelligence solutions including building data pipelines to pull data from different source systems; integrate, consolidate and cleanse data and structure for use by analytics applications; development of multidimensional semantic layer and BI query objects for end users
- Design and develop reporting templates, reports, and other information delivery solutions
- Perform system and integration testing of end user reports and tool functionality
- Perform data validation and quality assurance
- Provide day-to-day support of the EDW and DL environments
- Proactively identify and resolve capacity, and performance related issues
- Design and develop automation scripts for processes such as ETL, deployment, environment refreshes
- Develop and maintain sufficient support documentation to facilitate day-to-day support of the EDW and DL environments
- Plan, test and implement enhancements to the EDW and DL environments on a regular release cycle
- Assess new data management functionality and tools as appropriate and making recommendations as to their adoption
Top Skills Required
- At least 5 years working with Microsoft SQL Server DBMS.
- At least 3 years working with Microsoft Business Intelligence software; SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience performing data analysis
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience with complex T-SQL including stored procedures, nested queries, and data transformation.
Why work with us?
- IT/IQ has consistently been one of the top three vendor’s year over year since 2010
- We provide excellent access to key hiring managers, which other agencies may not have access to
- When hiring managers are reviewing resumes, they will review the resumes from the agencies that have previously proven themselves and can be trusted
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.