Data Conversion Specialist
CityView - Remote
In the key role of interpreting business rules and data, our customers will rely on your expertise to convert data from various systems into the CityView Solution. Working closely with our Project Managers, you will interact with our customers, on-site, on-line and over the phone to ensure customer satisfaction, and that our products and services are delivered according to CityView methodology.
The successful candidate will be part of the CityView Data Conversion team, work closely with our Project Managers, and report to the Director of Professional Services.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, team oriented individual that is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service, has a knack for details and thrives on working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.What your impact will be:
What we are looking for:
- Perform data conversions for new customer implementations as well as a variety of data-related tasks for new and existing customers.
- Work directly with customers to ensure that data conversion requirements and issues are addressed in a timely manner, as dictated by project schedules.
- Develop data mapping documentation and estimates for data conversion projects.
- Participate in the assembly of project Scope Documents.
- Develop data conversion scripts for project-specific conversion tasks with emphasis on re-use and efficiency.
- Be an expert on the functionality of the software as pertains to the data structure and data requirements, to ensure quality deliverables on every project.
- Communicate regularly with Project Managers and Implementation Specialists to ensure timelines are met and project risks are mitigated.
- Maximize utilization by balancing multiple, concurrent projects, following processes, and making recommendations for process change, where applicable.
- Maintain current knowledge and awareness of industry best practices, tools, and other technical skills related to data conversion.
- Provide outstanding customer service and resolve customer issues throughout the implementation process.
- Work with Technical Support Analysts and others to deliver tested and approved data conversions into customer testing and production environments.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent job experience.
- Expert or advanced skills in MS-SQL, ability to perform complex queries and write data conversion scripts
- Experience with Local Government applications or other similar applications
- Ability to interpret requirements and recommend solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and analytical thinking to resolve issues
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong customer service and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Positive, proactive, take-charge attitude
- Experience with MS SQL Reporting Services (or equivalent) is an asset.