Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy. As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Based in Vancouver, the Data Analyst, Master Data will report to the Senior Data Analyst, Master Data. The Master Data function covers the ongoing maintenance of the global JD Edwards ERP footprint for Canfor; including address book (customer, vendor, employee), item master for SKU management, pricing set ups and administration, pricing indexes, and financial model set ups.
Key Job Duties:
- Maintain and validate master data setups (Address book, Item Master product SKU management, Pricing, Accounting, etc.) for a global ERP network
- Work closely with Sales Departments to manage ongoing pricing contracts within the ERP (JDEdwards) platform
- Assist in the developing and implementing processes to keep master data clean and consistent
- Liaise with the Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, IT and other business functions to drive continuous improvement through JDE enhancements
- Work with other teams to resolve issues related to master data setup, displaying a sense of urgency and professionalism
- Maintain and improve data integrity and accuracy and eliminate recurring data issues
- Perform data cleansing, audit and validation in accordance with Data Governance standards
- Coordinate and validate mass upload of master data in the system
- Provide support to businesses as a data subject matter expert
- Attention to detail and timeliness; ability to manage and prioritize on a daily basis incoming requests
- Trouble shooting skills within an integrated global ERP; understand automated end to end business processes
- Collaboration across functional environments
- Strong technology base with a leaning towards continuous improvement
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today! Vancouver, BC
- Bachelor's degree in Business, science or computer science or relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of ERP system, accounting software, and MS Office
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some IT and/or Accounting experience is preferable but not a requirement
Grand, green and clean, Vancouver is a piece of perfect on the southern coast of British Columbia. The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, peppered with beaches, green spaces and glimmering glass towers that reach from sea to sky. Vancouver has one of Canada’s mildest climates, allowing days to be devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Once night falls on the city however, a very different scene pulses to life with options for laughter or libation, cuisine or culture, and action or entertainment. Vancouver boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine, a flourishing cocktail scene and an inventory of arts and entertainment events.
For more information on the area go to http://vancouver.ca/
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!