Data Analyst, Marketing
Kal Tire is looking to hire a Data Analyst, Marketing for the Vernon office. The Data Analyst, Marketing and Operations, is solutions-focused and has endless curiosity (especially when it comes to tires). They like the part of analytics that is focused on actionable insight. They love the challenge that comes with understanding Marketing and Operations challenges and then finding the insights that can solve those same challenges. Digging into difficult, complex topic is motivating and you understand the power of a great visual or communicating a complex or technical findings to a non-technical audience. You ask great questions and deliver key insights so our Marketing and Operations teams can continue to innovate and stay ahead of the competition.
Additionally, the Analyst has a good technical skillset, likes data and can develop a solid data pipeline but understands it's insight that matters most. The analyst finds answers by combining a strong understanding of the business and its challenges, with sold analysis, visualization and making connections with data. By combining their technical and analytical skills along with their experience, the Analyst will be responsible for delivering a range of analytics and reporting on our retail business including marketing activities and campaigns, customer churn and operational initiatives.Responsibilities
Reporting, Analysis and Modelling
• Develop, design and support of real-time reporting dashboards or reports with KPIs, metrics and summary findings for all campaigns, promotions and marketing activities; may also include marketing tests, customer tactics, and operational activities.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to understand challenges with the intention of developing analyses to provide the insight to solve these problems; may include the acquisition of new data to support analysis, the development of a dataset or model to support the analysis, ongoing measurement of tactics or programs, or the development of an app, dashboard or visualization to communication results.
• Provide analysis, findings, and recommendations to internal and external teams
• In conjunction with Marketing Manager, Customer Insights, report on marketing, customer and Kal Tire retail business and communicate insights and recommendations.
• Support the development of quarterly Marketing reports and presentations
• Support the analytics related to customer loyalty and marketing automation; includes understanding and measuring customer experience outcomes and purchase behaviors using a variety of datasets with the goal of powering customer LTV and marketing automation models.
• Report and analyze key customer churn measures including acquisition, retention and loss.
• Use available data to design, develop timely and accurate reporting on specific retail initiatives pertinent to the Retail Marketing team
• Use the Microsoft Azure suite of tools to enrich and curate datasets including point-of-sale data, Google analytics and Salesforce
• Develop and support foundational Power BI data models for the purposes of conducting analytics and publishing multiple reports and apps.
• Where necessary, recommend and implement additional data requirements.Research Management and Coordination
• Responsible for customer satisfaction measurement management including program and survey changes; questions, concerns and responding to requests; rotating question updates and changes.
• In conjunction with Marketing Manager, Customer Insights, and other members of Marketing team, develop or update semi-annual tire buyer survey, ensure timely execution and delivery of results.
• Coordinate and/or management other research projects as requiredTire Testing Management
• Responsible for all data support aspects of the tire testing program
• Summarize and communicate tire testing results and additional findings to teams. This includes standardization of results for communication to internal and external audiences.
• Ensure timely and accurate delivery of data for inclusion on store POP, KalTire.com and related assets.Work Experience
• 3+ years working experience in a Retail business
• 2+ years direct work experience in field of research and analytics Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to understand business problems, use data and analytics to solve them and present solutions to a wider audience.
• Research and analytical skills with a desire to learn, develop and advance. This is demonstrated by understanding marketing and ops challenges and applying analytical techniques to answer them.
• Communication, presentation and reporting skills with an ability to succinctly and efficiently convey key points and findings. Analysis must help in decision-making and learning, and presentation to peers and senior colleagues is the best way to ensure that happens.
• Familiarity with data preparation and modelling. This may include querying and enriching datasets for output to a Power BI dataset, R/Python or Excel.
• Technical skills
o Data Analysis - Power BI, R or Python, Excel.
o Data Viz/Communication - Power BI (or other tools such as Tableau and a willingness to learn), PowerPoint, R or Python
o Data Engineering - Azure Data Lake, Synapse Analytics (SQL), Synapse Notebooks (PySpark)
• Understanding of data governance, management, and data structures.
• Ability to anticipate and plan for the requirements of a particular task, execute the task in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and use new technical skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Project and task management skills/time management - juggle multiple projects and competing completion dates.
• Understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics Education
• Post-secondary education in marketing, business, analytics-related field such as Statistics, or equivalent work experience.
• Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience conducting analysis or using analytical toolsSpecial Requirements
• Occasional Travel required at times.
• Overtime as required
• This role is classified as hybrid or remoteNegotiable Requirements
• Work experience in a marketing research firm or similar
• R or Python statistical language
• Familiarity with Scrum and/or Azure DevOpsAbout Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.
Sales and Marketing