Position Summary DATA ANALYST Job ID: 3932 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
The Data Analytics and Integration team at BC Housing supports the development of Master Data Management framework models to meet Commission users' needs. This team plays an integral role in developing Data Governance, Data Management
and Data Stewardship
activities and provides insights for decision making at all levels in the organization.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics & Integration, the Data Analyst is responsible for providing Enterprise-level data analysis and data management for core BC Housing business systems. They lead data analytics and modeling, propose data management and data quality processes, and collaborate on the development of technical specifications.
CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Participates in the development of data models and data management systems
- Researches and implements data governance practices and standards
- Leads and coordinates data stewards in the development of practices and standards
- liaises with various IT development and support teams,
- supports the development of business cases,
- participates in post implementation performance analyses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: 4+ years of knowledge and familiarity with the following software and languages in a post-graduate business environment:
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or Information Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Considerable experience (4+ years of post-graduate work) in Data Analysis, and extensive industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions and services.
- Considerable experience (4+ years) in supporting Enterprise-Wide Business Systems in large complex organizations such as a Crown Corporation, Financial Institution, or a large Multi-National Corporation, including reporting, and troubleshooting data issues.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Microsoft's Office365 and SharePoint technologies
- MS Excel, MS Word, MS project and MS Visio
- Reporting and visualization software such as Power BI, SSAS and Tableau
Strong advanced skills (4+ years in a large complex organization) in:• Data and Process Modelling,
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
- Open source programming languages such as Python and R
• Data Quality Analysis, and
• Data Cleansing.
In addition, the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are required:
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission's structure and business operations, various enterprise data models, and the interaction of data between business systems, for reporting and data integration purposes.
- Understanding of master data management designs and practices.
- Knowledge of data and business processes in a social housing environment, including finance, procurement, asset maintenance, project development and property management.
- Experience with data analysis, data models and data cleansing
- Experience working with and/or developing data governance practices and standards, and working with data stewards
- Experience with data management or data cataloguing software
- Extensive experience with feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit analysis techniques and processes.
- Ability to critically assess and evaluate systems technology and data trends.
- Well-developed communication, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management, leadership and facilitation skills and some negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion.
- Criminal Record Check required
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **