Position Summary DAS ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR Job ID: 3948 SHORT-TERM (APPRX UNTIL JANUARY 2023)/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** DAS ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR POSITION SUMMARY
The DAS Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing a variety of program and project administration and administrative services to a team within the Development and Asset Strategies Branch. He/she/they are required to perform the majority or all of the following functions dependent on the needs of the individual teams. The programs and projects delivered by the Branch are complex, multi-dimensional and involve numerous stakeholders, requiring considerable judgment and initiative on the part of the incumbents to effectively coordinate all administrative aspects of assigned projects to successful conclusion. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Substantial completion of a post-secondary diploma in business or program administration or other relevant discipline, including courses related to contract and accounting administration
- Considerable experience in a relevant subject area and in a comparable environment such as the housing, construction or development industry
- Front-of-office experience with a development firm is required for certain positions
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
- Sound practical knowledge of program/project, accounting, and contract administration, including invitational and public procurement and tendering practices
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accounting processes
- Sound practical knowledge of and proficiency in standard word processing, spreadsheet, database and other relevant applications including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Some knowledge of construction processes, cash flow, budgeting and scheduling
- Ability to read and review tender documents, change orders and other contract documentation
- Ability to work independently as well as function effectively in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of audiences
- Ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Strong initiative, follow through skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills