Position Title DARE Project Student Research Assistant ADFP - Project Coordinator Posting Number 00774SA Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level SA - Pay Level II Salary Range $13.85/hour Position Type Student Research Assistant Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Part Time Posting Category Student Assistants Start Date 01/02/2020 End Date Day of the Week Other Shift N/A Work Arrangements
Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Winter 2020: January 2, 2020 - April 22, 2020
2. Summer 2020: May 4, 2020 - August 16, 2020
This position will be located in the New Westminster Library and be part of the DARE (Douglas Applied Research and Education) initiative.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Douglas Applied Research and Education projects involve intensive delivery focused work with our community research partners.
The DARE 'Team Calculator' project is a co-development project with our partners Abbotsford Division of Family Practice that is focused on the development of a software application that enables physicians, clinics and regions to calculate the allied health resources that might be deployed in the treatment of various diseases, and various stages of diseases. This calculation software will utilize clinical 'best practice' models to produce an evidence-based resourcing configuration at patient, panel, clinic and geographic region level.
An initial proof of concept has been developed and demonstrated to the community of users of this application and validation of its value to the community has been received. This is likely to be a multi-stage project, with this stage of the project focusing on a stand-alone working application of the team calculator.Responsibilities
The DARE Team Calculator Project Student Research Assistant will work with the Project Team to:
Administer a project, including but not limited to:
- set up the project details on a web-based project management system
- maintain and update project management documents
- create regular project updates and status reports
- work with the project manager, the project software developer and the wider project team to ensure effective project coordination and control
- assist with the presentation of the application and promotion of DARE and the Team Calculator project
- assist project team members users with any project issues as they arise
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
You will need:
• Experience and expertise in project management and administration (preference will be given to those with a healthcare background and
those who have completed or who are close to completion of the Douglas PDD in PM, or equivalent, will be preferred))
• Excellent English writing skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Delivery focused
• Attention to detail
• Great interpersonal skills
• Willing to give and take direction
Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in British Columbia throughout the work term
International students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation - "May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria." Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number ( SIN ) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 01/23/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Please include the following:
- Douglas College Student ID number or indicate if you are enrolled in another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C.
- Domestic or International student status
- Being eligible to work please indicate the work terms you are applying for:
1. Winter 2020
2. Summer 2020
- If selected for an interview please bring one of the following:
1. Proof of enrollment for work term from Douglas College OR
2. Proof of enrollment for work term from another post-secondary institution OR
3. Domestic students only: proof of registration for the term immediately preceding the work term and indication of intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/5605