NavStar Geomatics Ltd is a Canadian provider of slope stability monitoring solutions. We are looking for an individual to provide software, hardware, and network support services to our mining clients around the world with a focus on Brazil and South America.
Applicants should possess knowledge of advanced IP network concepts, industrial communication protocols, and server management in virtualized environments. The applicant will work collaboratively with clients and team members to provide customer focused technical support solutions. We need someone with the ability to solve problems, ask questions, and complete support tasks in a high pressure technical environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Remote Technical support for software users on projects with a particular focus on Brazil and South America.
- Remote Technical support for hardware users on projects with a particular focus on Brazil and South America.
- Updating software documentation.
- Managing firewalls to support user access to systems.
- Translating documentation and software resource files to Portugese.
- Conducting field visits to provide on-site support to mine sites.
- Conducting field visits to install hardware devices in industrial environments.
Required Education or Experience:
- Diploma in instrumentation, automation or control systems
- 2 Years Experience with wired and wireless IP networks.
- 2 Years Experience with wireless mesh networks (900Mhz, 2.4Ghz).
- 2 Years Installation of industrial networking equipment and wiring.
- 2 Years Work experience in an active open pit or underground mine.
- Technical language proficiency in English and Portugese.
- Detailed understanding of Cisco networking equipment.
- Technical proficiency with industrial communications protocols (Modbus, OPC, Profibus, etc).
- Understanding of analog sensor interfaces.
- Technical language proficiency in Spanish.
- Cisco security certifications.
Job Location: 140 Commercial Drive, Kelowna, British Columbia.
Job Title: Customer Support Technician
Benefits: 2 weeks annual vacation (BC standard accrual rates)
This position is a permanent full time salaried position. Annual salary offered is $52,000 CAD. Nominal work hours are 40 hours per week but may be extended as required for travel and support work. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com