Requisition ID: 67544
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Customer Service department of Scotia Dealer Advantage in ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manages all required administrative documentation related to recently authorized loan applications and current customer accounts by: obtaining and processing initial and changed banking related information for customer loan payments in the Business Line's core contract and other systems. Responding to any collections or non-collections activities that arise based on both departmental needs and management requests.
- Conducts basic inbound call collection activity to provide the Bank with optimal low risk delinquency ratios by: handling and taking arrangements on low risk delinquent inbound calls and Adeptra calls; discussing contractual loan payment arrangement with customers; educating up to date and delinquent clients on the importance to maintain their accounts current.
- Completes all credit, loan payout and legal documentation information while conforming to Bank policies and procedures by: providing updated credit related information on customers with external credit reporting agencies; calculating loan payouts and coordinating loan payout paperwork including required updates to the Business Line's contract management system.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Education / Experience
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Previous experience in a customer service capacity utilizing the telephone as the primary means of communication.
- Previous experience in a customer service or an accounts receivable role.
- Completion of a post-secondary education program (college or university) helpful but not necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- An understanding of basic business math and accounting principles.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Burnaby
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Customer Service Representative, Bank, Banking, Developer, Customer Service, Finance, Technology
Customer Service and Support