Customer Representative - Victoria BC. Shelbourne (Casual)
Reference ID: 533389017
Requisition ID: 52447
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a member of the branch service team, you are responsible for contributing to the overall success of the branch by meeting negotiated Service Excellence Activity goals while adhering to Bank security, operational and compliance procedures and policies. Your negotiated goals include Service Excellence Activities, along with other objectives related to customer service standards, teamwork and personal development. More specifically, you are responsible for meeting customers' day to day transactional needs, resolving their service and maintenance related inquiries and directing sales opportunities to the appropriate sales officer. You are responsible for contributing to the provision of human, straightforward and knowledgeable service through your daily interactions to foster a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with customers and other team members.
1. Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty through service excellence by:
• Delivering the desired customer experience by consistently applying the Service Standards during all customer interactions;
• Responding to customer inquiries or resolving customer concerns on the spot and/or escalating as appropriate;
• Projecting a professional image at all times by ensuring counters, work stations and surrounding areas are maintained and organized;
• Demonstrating confidence and knowledge by ensuring transactions are thorough and accurate;
• Demonstrating respect and knowledge in every customer interaction.
2. Strengthen and retain profitable customer relationships through sales support by:
• Developing a clear understanding of the Branch's financial and non-financial goals;
• Promoting the Bank's products/services;
• Identifying/anticipating and responding to customers' needs by introducing/referring all sales opportunities to the appropriate sales officer on the spot and/or through Sales Builder;
• Recognizing/identifying opportunities to promote customer convenience alternatives to Retail and Small Business customers;
3. Contribute to the quality and efficiency of branch operations as well as compliance with regulatory and internal bank guidelines to minimize the Bank's exposure to risk by:
• Adhering to cash, custody and security procedures and policies at all times;
• Adhering to position authorities and bank policies;
• Complying with regulatory requirements as part of the service process, including Know Your Customer (KYC) , Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF), Privacy and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) requirements, processes and guidelines as well as SSI guidelines/processes;
• Immediately reporting/escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to your direct supervisor and/or the Manager Customer Service, Branch Manager, Chief Compliance Officers and/or applicable Shared Services department, as appropriate.
To be successful, the following functional competencies are the minimal expected requirements:
• Strong PC and keyboarding skills;
• Working knowledge of Service Excellence Activities (how to achieve/successfully complete a Service Excellence Activity);
• Working knowledge of Branch systems (e.g. Free Forms Teller (FFT), Branch IntraLink, Sales Builder, HR Passport, and My Learning Centre) transactional services and associated procedures:
• Working knowledge of Regulatory compliance related to Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF), Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) as well as SSI guidelines/processes;
• Working knowledge of Branch routines and operating procedures, as applicable;
• Working knowledge of cash, custody and security processes and procedures;
A high degree of customer focus and a strong customer service orientation is required to ensure a consistent service experience for our customers. Flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
As Canada's international bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. Scotiabankers hail from over 120 countries, speak more than 100 languages and serve over 23 million customers globally. As a highly diverse company, we know that an inclusive environment for employees and customers helps everyone achieve their best. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience.
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Bank, Banking, Law, Compliance, Customer Service, Finance, Legal
Posted: February 12, 2019
Closes: April 13, 2019