Are you energized by helping others succeed? Love sharing and helping explain a great product? Excited to join a fast-paced, growing tech company? You know that the success of any company is tied to the customer experience-and that's where you come in.
As a Customer Champion
, you'll be helping and supporting customers to grow their business through education. Being the first point of contact on email and phone, you'll be answering questions, giving advice, solving problems using your technical know-how and helping our customers build successful online businesses. You'll learn our platform inside and out, with opportunities to work cross-collaboratively with other teams and have dedicated time for you to learn, grow and explore professional development opportunities. At Thinkific you'll be part of a collaborative, passionate and insanely helpful team that provides the best support in the industry! In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Talk to and support our customers by email and phone
- Quickly answer tickets with high quality and friendly responses
- Answer and jump on phone calls with customers who need an extra helping hand
- Be involved in the QA of new features as they are released and work closely with our product team
- Answer the support phone line for a full day once per week, and jump on weekend support once a month, getting a day off in lieu of the preceding or the following week!
- Support customers at different stages of the customer journey from jumping on calls with prospects to discuss their needs, to helping customers launch their courses, to coaching customers close to churning
- Have an opportunity to take on side projects based on your areas of interest such as writing help articles, helping grow our Facebook group, hosting webinars, or triaging bugs for our Tier II developers
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have at least 2+ years in an online customer-facing role (ideally in SaaS)
- Love helping people- you go above and beyond to show you're fanatical about customer success!
- Have stellar communication skills both verbal and written, but know it's equally important to listen and understand your customers
- Be an independent problem solver-you rarely run into a roadblock you can't creatively get around (and whenever you need it, you're humble enough to ask for help)
- Be a team player and believe teamwork makes the dream work!
- Love talking on the phone-it's your bread and butter!
- Be technically savvy and eager to learn the ins and outs of our platform quickly
- Have a great attitude and a willingness to overcome any challenge that comes your way
- Perform well under pressure and understand the importance of work-life balance
- Have a strong work ethic and don't believe in the traditional 9 to 5
- Enjoy a challenge and have experience troubleshooting software-related issues across common browsers
Bonus points if you:
- Know the importance of listening, building trust and confidence with customers
- Have a flair for translating product features into tangible benefits for customers
- Are passionate about online education, digital marketing, and small business (or all of the above!)
- Are great at handling difficult customers from the disgruntled to those who aren't technically savvy
- Have experience supporting customers via email, phone, live chat, and video calls
- Are goal-oriented and driven by performance metrics
- Have experience using customer service software like Zendesk (or a similar tool)
- Have experience with sales or account management
- Understand the basics of HTML/CSS (but any coding skills are valuable)
- Have experience using Asana, Slack, Google Drive and/or TextExpander
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we've served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day! Why we think you'll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific's award-winning culture-we're one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too-we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that's right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you'll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver's coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they're as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific's sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we're proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Customer Service and Support