Custom Metal Fabrication Shop Foreman / Production Manager: Harvey 2449
The Production Manager will be in charge of taking all projects from start to finish, through all phases of a project to installation.
Must be able to think about different details, for many different projects running concurrently, to make this candidate successful.
Being able to learn, pick things up quickly, and have a good memory for detail, is important for success in this position.
- Manages the entire fabrication workflow process, from the completed design phase, through the fabrication phase to the finishing processes.
- Plans, directs, organizes and evaluates daily operations
- Completes preparation work (analysis and fact finding) on fabrication drawings in order to have a clear understanding of the project prior to fabrication
- Works with design leads to ensure all project logistics have been addressed prior to fabrication
- Ensures that employees actions and operational processes adheres to required safety practices
- Maintains the production schedule.
- Oversees the scheduling of fabrication projects
- Liaises with the team of fabricators and operators to ensure fabrication timeliness and quality
- Liaises with Design Lead and Operations Manager as required
- Ensures the consistent workflow of all fabrication processes
- Directs and oversees the work of a team of fabricators and operators.
- Transfers project information and knowledge to the team
- Engages with the team and relevant others to problem solve and find solutions, as needed
- Works with relevant employees to ensure that all processes and fabrication techniques are discussed prior to start of fabrication
- Oversees and provides performance feedback
- Identifies workflow barriers and recommends solutions
- Organizes and maintain inventory levels of raw materials and finished products.
- Maintains inventory levels to ensure continuous workflow
- Ensures the waterjet schedule and available parts allow for a continuous workflow
- Makes inventory recommendations to the Operations Manager
- Assists in implementing Inventory management software/system
- Assists in developing and maintaining an inventory budget
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of machines, equipment, consumables and tools.
- Ensures Company machines, equipment and tools are safe and in optimal working condition
- Ensures the production schedule is maintained, with minimal delays
- Coordinates employee training on machines, equipment and/or tools
- Develops and coordinates machines and equipment maintenance schedule
- Recommends and implements greater efficiencies in production systems and methods of work.
- Identifies and formalizes quality control measures and inspections
- Identifies and implements greater efficiencies in operational processes, workflow and employee work practices
- Recommends equipment, machinery and/or tools that could aid in a more efficient workflow
- Involved in hiring and onboarding new employees.
- Develops and oversees an onboarding plan for new employees
- Oversees and provides performance feedback during a new employee probationary period
- Prepares management reporting.
- Analyzes operational and employee data and prepares management reporting as required
- Recommends operational and Company policies.
- To increase operational efficiency
- To improve employee engagement and satisfaction
- Stays current with Industry trends, risks and opportunities.
- Identifies professional development and technical training opportunities to improve employee skills
- Promotes and models an honest, ethical and professional attitude in daily work.
- Engages in a friendly, positive, energetic service attitude.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
- Must have a “Safety First” mentality.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 3-5 years plus of experience as a Production or Operations Manager in a manufacturing and/or production industry.
- Must have supervisory experience in managing a team of 3 or more employees.
- Has a good understanding of manufacturing systems/processes.
- Must have a working knowledge of materials (metal/wood) equipment, machinery and/or tools.
- Must have a good understanding of engineered/architectural drawings and design principles.
- Must be able to problem solve, engage and work with a team.
- Must have a good command of the English language and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge of safety practices in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, is highly organized and is meticulous with details.
- Experience in quality control and continuous improvement methods is an asset.
- Experience in data analysis is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Be proficient in SolidWorks 3D Software.
- Computer software savvy/competence.
- Knowledge of time tracking software for tracking projects digitally.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical Engineering, architectural design or related education is an asset.
- Education or certification or experience as a draftsperson is an asset.
- Professional development and/or technical certification in manufacturing, production, machine /equipment is an asset.
- Certification in Project Management is an asset.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package available after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production