Position Title Curriculum Coordinator Posting Number 00503F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Regular Posting Type Internal Regular/Temporary Limited Term Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 09/01/2023 End Date 08/31/2024 Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is seeking a Curriculum Coordinator for the department of Bachelor of Science in Nursing ( BSN ). This position takes effect September 1, 2023 for an initial one year term with the possibility of an extension(s) up to a maximum of three years. This role has seven (7) sections of time release available for the 2023-2024 academic year with the potential to teach one (1) section on the BSN Program.
The primary place of work will be Coquitlam Campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Health Sciences invites applications for a Curriculum Coordinator for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program.
This is a leadership position focusing on the development, maintenance, evaluation and overall coordination of the BSN curriculum.Responsibilities
The faculty member in this position is responsible to:
•Plan and recommend strategic and operational outcomes within scope of positional responsibilities; •Seek and implement collegial decisions; •Act on emergency issues requiring a decision, pending collegial resolution of the issues.
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS :
•Operational Committees within BSN Department related to scope of positional responsibilities; •Health Science Faculty Education Council; • BSN Program Advisory Committee; •Chair Curriculum and Program Evaluation Committee; •Program Advisory Committees in designated Health Science Faculty departments; •Departmental Coordinator/Faculty Meetings, as appropriate; •Other Douglas College Committees/External Stakeholder Committees as appropriate;
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Plans strategically for the development and implementation of standards and processes for BSN program curriculum on an annual and as required basis;
• Plans for activities related to curriculum maintenance and development that promotes the effective operationalization of curriculum.
This includes but is not limited to: planning related to instructional timetables and scheduling, review and renewal of curriculum based resources and information materials (required texts, calendars, promotional materials) and internal and external curriculum
• Coordinates and collaborates on planning activities with other BSN Coordinators, Health Science Coordinators, BSN Faculty, and other internal and external stakeholders as relevant and required;
• Develops and coordinates policies, procedures, and practices related to curriculum including planning for required internal and external approvals processes;
• Identifies and incorporates emerging trends in best practices in relation to curriculum development and review;
• Plans tracking mechanisms to ensure that curriculum development and maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner with integrated communication mechanisms;
• Plans orientation and learning activities related to curriculum development and maintenance activities for new faculty and updates for experienced faculty as well as other relevant stakeholders (including students);
• Identifies, screens, communicates, and provides resources related to curriculum development and maintenance to Health Sciences and BSN leadership, BSN faculty, Health Science and Program Coordinators, and Internal/External Stakeholders as appropriate and relevant;
• Participates in the development of scholarly and evaluation activities related to curriculum development as aligned with BSN departmental priorities;
• Completes all planning and development responsibilities in a timely and effective manner.
OPERATIONS AND LIASON
• Operationalizes and implements the annual curriculum development and maintenance plan in a timely and effective manner;
• Engages in ongoing curriculum development and maintenance activities including the writing of curriculum guidelines and outlines and related curricular materials as required;
• Delivers orientation related to curriculum to internal and external stakeholders as required;
• Operationalizes relevant policies, procedures and process related to curriculum maintenance and development as needed;
• Participates in inter-department/ interprofessional activities and committees as required and in alignment with departmental priorities;
• Participates in and takes the lead relative to curriculum development and maintenance on all activities related to program recognition, approvals, and accreditation;
• Implements and incorporates best practices related to curriculum development and maintenance;
• Completes activities related to tracking mechanisms ensuring that curriculum development and maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner;
• Communicates and collaborates on operational matters with all relevant internal /external stakeholders on matters related to curriculum;
• Reviews and revises written materials related to curriculum development and maintenance as needed;
• Participates in scholarly/evaluation activities related to curriculum development
• Meets all internal and external deadlines as required
• Participates in special projects as required
• Provides mutual relief and assistance (during vacations and approved leaves) for BSN
department operational and liaison activities as required
EVALUATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
• Develops quality assurance procedures to ensure that curriculum activities meet course and program outcomes;
• Develops methods to ensure that all relevant stakeholders, including students, are provided with opportunities to provide input on curriculum related matters;
• Develops and maintains documentation related to identified quality assurance procedures and processes;
• Ensures a systematic review and developmental plan based on evaluation for all matters related to BSN program curriculum development;
• Completes all evaluation and quality assurance processes and procedures in a timely and effective manner;
• Participates in departmental, college, and external activities (including professional development) related to quality assurance in alignment with BSN Department program priorities.
Other Related Duties
• Performs other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Current BCCNP practicing registration in good standing
• Master's degree in Nursing. PhD in nursing or a related field preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in baccalaureate curriculum development and evaluation;
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in baccalaureate nursing education in both theory and practice;
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in nursing practice with knowledge of diverse health care systems and organizations;
• Knowledgeable about program recognition requirements from the BC College of Nursing Professionals ( BCCNP ) and accreditation requirements from the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing ( CASN );
• Ability to work collaboratively and contribute effectively to team activities;
• Self-directedness, strong work ethic and excellent writing ability;
• Evidence of scholarship (e.g. research, publishing, conference presentations, professional committee involvement, community service);
• Evidence of ongoing professional development (e.g. attendance at conferences, course work, in-services);
• Satisfactory current references.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/30/2023 Close Date 04/13/2023 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online by 4:30pm by April 13, 2023.
Please ensure that your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10596
Education and Training