CRT CK 12R(TMA) - Court Clerk Position Classification
Court Clerk (TMA) 12 Union
GEU Work Options
Quesnel, BC V2J 6W6 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$52,803.18 - $59,607.79 annually plus 3 grid TMA Close Date
5/31/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Attorney General Ministry Branch / Division
Court Services Branch/Attorney General Job Summary A unique opportunity to contribute to the administration of justice in a challenging legal environment.
Court Services Branch is responsible for the delivery of all court administration services in BC. These consist of registry, trial support and Sheriff Services for all levels of court. The Registry provides the infrastructure to process documents that are required by the court to ensure timely and effective processing of court cases and support to the justice system.
This position reports to the Registry Supervisor. The position is responsible for interpreting documentation in court files to ensure accurate information in processing documents and processing court files. The position interacts with members of the public, the bar, and the judiciary.Job Requirements:
Preference may be given to applicants with one (1) or more of the following:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year clerical experience, education and/or training.
- A minimum of one year of experience delivering customer service.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, data entry, word processing and other standard computer applications
- Experience with JUSTIN and/or CEIS.
- Experience working in a legal office environment or court registry.
- May be required to work overtime due to late court sittings and on short notice
- May be required to work in other areas of Court Services
- Travel is required which could include travel in adverse weather conditions
- Must be flexible with working hours, hours of work vary depending on operational demands
- Exposure to unpleasant dealings with upset public and clients
- Holder of a valid B.C. driver's licence
- Must be able to type 40 wpm.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Shelley.Wiggins@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
This position has full time on-site requirements.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a standard questionnaire (current employment status, eligibility to apply, etc.).
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Administrative Services, Court and Judicial Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians