British Columbia (CA-BC) Job Type:
Full Time(13-months contract) myWork Options:
Remote, Hybrid & In-person
Coast Capital: Building Better Futures Together What's the job?
As a Credit Analyst you will be accountable for analyzing credit submissions for the automotive group as requested while exercising good judgment in providing approvals for qualified loans/leases within assigned lending limits. You will also assist with development and delivery of equipment loan/lease training process, including system training. Additionally, you will be acting as a primary resource to sales personnel with respect to credit policies and procedures. Conducts an ongoing Quality Control Audit of new and existing Automotive loan/lease underwriting. What you'll get to do:
• Performing credit analysis on applications for vehicle loans and leases
• From time to time the Credit Analyst will be expected to engage with our clients and dealerships to obtain additional credit or corporate information to complete the analysis of the credit offering.
• Analyzing financial statements and verifying personal income.
• Adjudicating consumer credit with a focus on personal credit bureaus and income
• Adjudicating commercial credit, focusing on capacity to pay, cash flow coverage and unusual items noted on their financial statements.
• Analyzing all aspects of a situation to gain thorough insight to making decisions and identifying key components of a problem to formulate a solution or solutions.
• Typical transaction range in size from $7,500 - $250,000+.
• Dealing directly with customers and car dealerships.
• Requesting rate concessions and appeal declines, if applicable.
• Prioritizing and completing tasks within allotted time frames.
• Working with Documentation/Funding Department to ensure the timely advance of all lease/loan funds, as required. Who are we looking for?
• Minimum 3+ Years of previous Credit experience required.
• Team player with a high degree of flexibility and excellent organizational skills.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Experience in the finance and leasing industry is considered an asset.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Why join Coast Capital? Purpose is our North Star.
We look at everything through our purpose. It informs the advice we provide our members, the experiences and products we create, and the programs we build to support our employees and communities. Committed to inclusion and engagement.
We have an ongoing focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion and routinely track how we're doing, and what we need to do to keep improving. We foster a culture where everyone can feel safe to be who they really are and thrive. A career that grows with you.
We believe in developing our people and promoting from within. Many employees have spent decades, and sometimes their entire careers, with Coast Capital and have progressed from the frontlines to senior leadership. Work where you're most effective.
In 2020 the world changed, and that includes how we work. In response to COVID-19 we launched myWork, which gives employees flexibility in where they work based on the nature of their role. Benefits that flex to the needs of you and your family.
We offer comprehensive, customizable benefits for you and your family, so you can choose what fits best for you and your lifestyle. Retirement options.
We also take care of our employees once they retire. That's why we offer the choice of a defined contribution or defined benefit pension plan or RSP's. Mortgage and auto financing benefits.
Employees save thousands on their mortgages and auto loans with best-in-category benefits. Real recognition.
We recognize excellence throughout the year, through an online community that lets employees give kudos and thanks throughout the year. We're human, which means we like to have fun with events, celebrations, and recognition throughout the year. An award winning culture.
We're a Platinum member of Canada's Best Managed Companies and are regularly recognized by Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Top Employers Awards. We reinvest 10% back into the community.
When we do well, our communities do well. That's why since 2000 we've invested over $90 million into our member's communities. Double your impact.
Through our employee volunteer program, Coast Capital donates $10 for every hour you volunteer to a Canadian charity or non-profit of your choice.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We're not all the same and we like it that way. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
COVID-19 at Coast Capital Coast Capital Savings is committed to the health and safety of our employees, member, and communities. With this commitment in mind, Coast Capital complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and making COVID vaccination a pre-condition to employment with Coast Capital. All successful applicants must provide acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19, before any contract of employment becomes final and binding, and before your start date can be set.
Exceptions may apply where vaccination is not possible for medical or religious reasons that are protected under Canadian human rights laws. Should successful applicants require a medical or religious accommodation related to vaccination please discuss whether an exception may apply with your Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Banking, Finance and Insurance