Crane Assembler1: Harvey 2435
Our company designs and manufactures the world’s most secure weather tight marine closures, or engineering astonishing support structure for bridges.
We are currently looking for an experienced and energetic Assembler 1 to join our crew in the Cranes Department.
- The Assembler 1 is responsible for reading and analyzing blueprints and engineering drawings to correspond with the required crane assembly.
- The Crane Assembler will be required to use a variety of light machinery to assemble the components, kit and package cranes.
Essential functions for this role:
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials needed and plan the sequence of tasks to assemble cranes.
- Operate light machinery, including grinders, sanders, cordless drills and a variation of saws.
- Install fabricated components in the final product.
- Monitor quality of assembly.
- Kitting and packaging of cranes.
- Adhere to all safety standards and SOP’s.
- Other duties as required.
Experience, qualifications, and skills:
- Previous experience using hand and power tools
- Mechanically Inclined, enjoys working with power tools or on cars/engines
- Self-motivated and takes pride in their work
- Some electrical experience 12-24 volt wiring and asset
- Experience with hydraulic cylinders or power units an asset
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in related field an asset, not a requirement
- Manual dexterity and able to lift 50 pounds
- High school education
- Basic knowledge of fabrication/assembly
- Forklift operator certification is considered an asset
- Detail oriented and able to read tape measure
- Team player, but also able to work independently
This is a fulltime position
Salary rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education
Benefits package after 3 months
Eligibility for our RRSP matching program
Manufacturing and Production