Counsellor, Patient & Family Counselling Cancer Care, BC Cancer Vancouver, $35.65 to $44.56 per hour
You're on a professional mission to reduce the burden of cancer in your community, and with great hope, across the globe. A person-centred nursing professional, you remain steadfast in your efforts to support all individuals who are undergoing cancer care, along with their families and friends. Working with a team of health care colleagues who share your values of compassionate care and excellence through innovation makes all the difference in your work days, as you share the highs and lows with support, kindness, and excellence in care. What you'll do
What you bring
- Screen, assess and counsel patients and families concerning emotional and practical needs associated with their diagnosis; help with problems of advanced complexity; facilitate and develop group programs to meet needs of patients and families.
- Provide consultation to other disciplines, and work as a member of interdisciplinary team.
- Provide liaison with community agencies. Identify patients' needs for services and make appropriate referrals, or develop alternate strategies for patient support, education and follow-up care.
- Participate in planning and development of educational activities in the Centre/Provincially, designated Community Oncology Network and/or outreach programs such as in-service programs and clinical network meetings.
- Participate in the planning and development of department's quality improvement program (e.g. through input to the planning process).
What's in it for you
- Master's degree in a social sciences discipline relevant to the job from a recognized program, such as Social Work, Counselling Psychology, or Clinical Psychology.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent experience working in an interdisciplinary setting that includes experience with individuals, couples, families and group work; program and community development;, adjustment and grief counselling in a health care or oncology setting.
- As per our Standards of Practice, demonstrated aptitude and experience in brief evidence-based therapy models such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Systems Theory, Solution-Focused Therapy, Supportive Therapy, Crisis Counselling, Group Therapy and Resource Counselling.
- Eligible for registration with designated professional regulatory body.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Help us maintain the highest patient survival rate in Canada.
- J oin one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $35.65 to $44.56 per hour
600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0830 to 1630
Requisition Number: 108990 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. TTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 30, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.