COST ACCOUNTANT - MANUFACTURING
Our client is a global manufacturer of products that support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defence, oil & gas and other industrial markets.
If you are looking for an opportunity to support a growing, world-class manufacturing company with multiple manufacturing operations, then this position is for you!
Employees in this position are responsible for analyzing and reporting financial data from manufacturing activities to determine the cost of conducting business. The position will help steer the profitability of the company by supporting manufacturing, sales and management with valuable financial information to help guide business decision and reduce product cost. He/she will be responsible for the completeness, accuracy, timeliness and quality of monthly, quarterly and annual cost reporting and analysis. Analysis includes, but is not limited to, inventory, labor and procurement cost.
- Monthly inventory reporting (raw materials, turns, cycle times, and product line totals.)
- Month end closing of production inventories
- Make adjusting entries for inventory/WIP transactions
- Reconcile ending balances to general ledger
- Review and preparation of sales order quote cost workups
- Identify cost reduction opportunities; monitor and report progress
- Support of annual business plan
- Work with production on monthly spending variances
- Analyze major sales projects, costs, and report on profitability
- Complete annual physical inventory and reconciliation
- Participate in annual government annualization re-costing process
- Prepare ROI and related analysis for capital projects; monitor progress
- Support other accounting projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or other related field.
- Strong preference for those with CPA or working towards completing their CPA designation
- Experience with manufacturing cost accounting, project accounting and/or financial decision support is preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems including Visual is preferred.
- Strong analytical capability and business acumen with the ability to format data and presentations to support needs of different levels of the organization.
- An understanding and ability to strike the balance between the tactical, functional and strategic needs of the organization.
- High attention to detail and problem solving capabilities. Strong working knowledge of accounting and cost accounting principles and thorough understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Office and MS Access.
- Advanced EXCEL is required
- Strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with competing priorities.Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
We thank all candidates for their application. All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 20, 2018
Closes: January 19, 2019