Reporting to the supervisor, corporate services within the operations department, the corporate services assistant is responsible for supporting College operations in a timely, accurate and customer service-oriented manner. Responsibilities will fluctuate dependent upon business needs and requirements to deliver hospitality and corporate services-related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- office services
- receive, log, open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, ensuring all documents are handled in accordance with established policies and procedures
- sort, prepare and process outgoing mail and packages including couriers, registered mail, Medi-Trans, etc.
- coordinate, prepare and process mass mail outs in co-operation with the department generating the mail out, and liaise with external service providers regarding mass mail out issues
- operate mailing machine, postage equipment and computerized accessories, and produce monthly postage report
- maintain a pool of information on current postage charges and services, answer queries as required, and ensure adherence to new or revised postal regulations
- ensure that all photocopiers are operational and are adequately stocked
- undertake photocopying and scanning as required
- respond to a variety of queries and requests from College staff, ensuring the highest level of customer care and confidentiality are maintained at all times
- ensure that all copy rooms are adequately stocked with stationery supplies, etc.
- ensure all meeting rooms have been set up as appropriate, including catering/refreshment requirements
- undertake cleanup of all meeting rooms and staff room/kitchens as required
- maintain regular supplies for kitchens and coffee stations
- provide other support duties to the College as required
Required skills and qualifications include:
- successful completion of grade 12, supplemented by a two-year office administration diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable
- ability to perform physical tasks, such as standing, bending, reaching, stooping for extended periods of time, and lifting boxes, mailbags and other items up to 40 lbs/18 kg
- working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- ability to organize and set work priorities
- ability to work both independently and as a team member
- ability to maintain a calm demeanor during busy or stressful times
- ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- must be safety conscious at all times, for example, when operating mailing, filing, and delivery equipment, and delivering correspondence throughout the office
Note: This is a full-time role. Candidates must be flexible with their hours.
Click here to download the position description.
How To Apply
All applications for this position must be submitted via this page.
Please read through all of the questions; you may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document before you start filling out the fields below.
To begin the application process, complete the questions below. You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and other documents on the next page. Note: You must submit your resume online. Ensure you have your resume ready to attach.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.