As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Planning Support within the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and working closely with all members of the business planning team, the Corporate Senior Financial Analyst supports the strategic decision making process of the PHSA providing analysis, advice and recommendations. The Senior Analyst plays a key role in the development, compilation and review of PHSA annual and multi year budgets as well as period end reporting.
The Corporate Senior Financial Analyst, in collaboration with PHSA senior staff, is responsible for identifying opportunities for increased PHSA operational and financial resource utilization and as required, conducts operational reviews, business process improvement reviews and service delivery modeling for the PHSA.
The Corporate Senior Financial Analyst provides financial planning and financial management for specific services or programs that are provincial in scope or cross over agencies.What you'll do
What you bring
- Operates at a strategic level monitoring, assessing, interpreting, highlighting and reporting on the fiscal performance of the PHSA with respect to resource utilization, expenditure patterns, statistical and critical indicator data, and the meeting of budgetary targets. Where appropriate, the Senior Analyst recommends corrective action to members of the executive team.
- Works in a complex, multi-site organization which encompasses highly diverse operations. This role is customer focused and able to balance the needs of the PHSA and its' agencies which have diverse operations with varying levels of complexity and volume. The Senior Analyst requires a broad understanding of operational and financial issues faced by all corporate and programs. This wide scope provides the opportunity for identifying and implementing best practices across the organization.
- Has a comprehensive multi-layered understanding of the financial and business planning processes and tools, has data management skills, and works independently. Timelines for the completion of financial reports are very tight and require strong organizational skills. Reports, analyses, advice and recommendations provided by this position are used by members of the executive team as well as funding programs and MOH.
- Provides information in an environment where there is a high degree of risk associated with the information generated. Errors or miscommunication can compromise the long term financial viability and credibility of the organization.
- Communicates with all members of the business planning team, Financial Services and corporate senior operational staff. In addition to gathering and exchanging information, communication usually involves negotiating and facilitating consensus on issues such as financial resources, program and service delivery changes, new and enhanced programs, physician services and funding, operational reviews, implementation of services and progress on cost savings/revenue generation initiatives.
- External communication involves contact with representatives from external programs such as the MOH and other Health Authorities and usually involves gathering and exchanging information as well as negotiating and facilitating consensus on issues such as program transfers, development of inter-authority programs and services, service redesign and operations review.
- Working with the Manager, Business Planning and programs Senior Financial Analysts, consolidates PHSA's interim and year end financial reports and forecasts including a written variance analysis as required for the Executive Committee. Assists the Manager, Business Planning Support with coordinating the business planning team and reviewing financial reports for consistent quality and content. In the event there are material changes in funding and/ or expenditures during the fiscal year, consolidates the reforecast PHSA annual budget.
- Prepares confidential analytical reports and briefings as requested by PHSA senior management.
- Working with the programs Managers, Business Planning and Senior Financial Analysts for PHSA's programs, prepares the consolidated PHSA Budget Management Plan. Assists the Director, Business Planning Support with completion of the annual Service Plan.
- In collaboration with PHSA senior staff, identifies opportunities for increased PHSA operational and financial resource utilization. Contributes financial expertise required for service delivery modeling, funding applications, operational reviews, and business process improvement reviews.
- Identifies and/ or develops "best practices" for reporting, systems design and development and issue resolution, communicating same to other members of the Finance Division team.
- Undertakes special projects, as required by the Manager, Business Planning and the Provincial Director, Business Planning to address PHSA and progams issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What we bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA) or a Masters Degree in Business Administration or a related field of study plus a minimum of eight (8) years of recent senior experience preferably in a large complex multi-site organization.
- Consideration will be given to recent related leadership and managerial experience, with an emphasis in business planning, financial planning, business process engineering and/or business case development.
- Other key attributes include superior writing and presentation skills with experience in program and business case research and development.
- Superior analytical skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and related data/information and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Strong computer and financial application skills including demonstrated ability to productively use spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database applications.
- Customer focused with ability to facilitate and encourage co-operation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to negotiate and persuade others.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task without direct supervision.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6H 1G9
Hours of Work:
08:30 - 16:30 Monday-Friday
130903EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.