As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Corporate Manager, Financial Policies and Special Projects is responsible for leading the development, implementation and evaluation of the strategic plan, standards and policies within the Finance Department for the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and its' Agencies. This position supports corporate initiated projects in Finance, manages audits, implements new accounting standards, develops policies and procedures and represents the Finance Corporate Directors on committees and other work groups.What you'll do
What you bring
- Coordinates, on behalf of the Finance Directors, the development, evaluation and communication of the mission and strategic plan for the Finance division ensuring alignment with the overall mission and strategic plans of the PHSA. Reviews goals and objectives of individual Finance departments to ensure appropriate alignment with overall Finance division strategic plan. Reports to, or on behalf of the Finance Corporate Directors regarding Finance division performance against established measurement parameters.
- Leads or participates in corporate initiatives and projects related to financial operations by defining project scope, developing project plans, supporting the work of project team members, overseeing project implementation and evaluating results.
- Manages the design, development, implementation and communication of new or revised accounting policies and procedures.
- Identifies new initiatives, partnership opportunities and new developments, policies, procedures and internal controls in area of responsibility through analysis, literature review, contact with peers at other organizations, industry advisor groups, professional associations and attendance at seminars, workshops and education programs. Where required, makes recommendations to supervisor for evaluation and/or approval. Leads or participates in resulting initiatives or other corporate initiated projects for area of responsibility, including: defining project scope, developing project plans, supporting the work of project team members, overseeing project implementation, reporting and evaluating results.
What we bring
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA), with a minimum of ten (10) years recent related experience within a large complex multi-site organization in a position with increasing responsibility.
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Collaborative leadership skills in working with others to identify issues, design solutions, follow up with action, and evaluate results.
- Superior communication and presentation skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and present information in concise meaningful ways.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer and financial application skills including demonstrated ability to productively use spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database applications.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6H 1G9
Hours of Work:
129156EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.