Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Lead marquee private company M&A transactions such as capital raises and divestitures
Mentor and lead a team of collaborative and diverse Vice Presidents, Associates and Analysts through on the job coaching
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives as lead M&A advisor? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals! What will your typical day look like?
Our team is looking for an Executive Director to play a lead on M&A transactions. As part of your role you will co-ordinate and perform critical aspects throughout the transaction lifecycle in a client-facing role, including:
• With the support of Associates, Analysts and Vice Presidents, be responsible for leading the execution of M&A mandates including the preparation of confidential information memorandums, potential buyer / target lists, initiating discussions with buyers / sellers, facilitating due diligence, negotiating with buyers / sellers, and working with legal counsel to prepare definitive purchase / sale documentation.
• Be responsible for sourcing and closing M&A transactions, with a strong focus on business development
• Work with senior practitioners to proactively develop M&A ideas for clients in a variety of sectors
• Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients.
• Manage, develop and mentor Vice Presidents, Associates and Analysts, and other staffAbout the team
The Corporate Finance team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a capital raise, merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team is growing and has successfully many closed deals in our targeted industries in Canada and internationally. We are a group of collaborative and amazing people who value client service excellence while having FUN and supporting the career growth and the development of each other.f Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Significant relevant work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development, including a track-record of closing transactions.
• Completion of a finance or accounting designation (CPA, MBA, CBV or CFA)
• Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work and lead effectively in teams Please note
: This is a future opportunity posting. We anticipate having active recruiting needs in January 2020Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Banking, Finance and Insurance