Horizon Recruitment Inc. is seeking and experienced Corporate Controller to join a diversified family finance business which owns and manages an international portfolio of businesses that includes commercial and residential real estate, and a variety of service, retail and manufacturing companies.
Reporting to the President and working closely with the family Principal, the Corporate Controller is a key member of the Finance team, providing operational leadership and direction to the financial planning, auditing, consolidations, and reporting functions for the family’s portfolio.
The position will work closely with the family finance investment team to establish, improve and integrate policies to ensure effective decision making across the portfolio.
The role is expected to manage day-to-day operations as well as future planning and projection and will require some international travel to various companies in the portfolio. (COVID permitting)
- Supports Principal and Family Finance manager by providing advice and guidance on financial matters and provides leadership to the company portfolio
- Produces timely and accurate reporting on financial results and provides recommendations for action required for internal leadership team, external stakeholders, ownership and the Board
- Provides creative input and recommendations to Principal for improvements that will lead to risk reduction, cost reduction, revenue generation, improve financial performance, and streamlined operations
- Prepare consolidated financial reports for the family portfolio and present to Principal and leadership team
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that risks to the portfolio are minimized
- Prepare monthly statements for Family Trusts & Foundation.
- Works with family finance portfolio leadership on strategic initiatives
- Establishes guidelines for budget / forecast preparation
- Prepare and review portfolio costs and related company charge backs and reconciliations.
- Review accounting activities for on and offshore subsidiaries.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures, including compliance with local legislation
- Performs due diligence on acquisitions or major capital projects
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional accounting designation: CPA
- 5+ years’ family finance experience in a management capacity
- Proven experience managing, leading and motivating staff
- Ability to liaise with high-profile stakeholders and provide financial advice on complex operations and investment opportunities.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in Tax or Estates is beneficial
- Experience with property management and development is beneficial.
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.