Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Reporting to the Director Transportation, Canadian Operations, the Transportation Coordinator is part of the team responsible for coordinating the timely, efficient and cost effective movement of Canfor’s products to the global market. The Transportation Coordinator must work well with logistics, planning, sales and marketing staff, mills, and logistics providers. This will be a 18 month full-time temporary position with the potential for extension.Major Duties:
- Plan and coordinate booking, container and vehicle supply to meet loading facility requirements.
- Handle shipping issues, including expediting of shipments promptly to mitigate economic and operational impacts.
- Work with reloads to facilitate the timely delivery of product to the customer. Ensure the reload’s inventory is kept in balance and work with Sales, Planners or Logistics to arrange product/package modifications as needed.
- Coordinate shipment diversions and re-assignments with carriers in the most economical manner as directed by the sales department, or due to shipping issues.
- Keep Canfor staff current on shipment issues and any changes to rates, routes, documentation requirements, or EDI procedures. Support documentation staff regarding variances to the invoicing process.
- Maintain real-time transportation monitoring programs to identify irregular movements.
- Arrange to have loading violations corrected in the most economical manner, and advise the appropriate sales staff and mill coordinators of the details to ensure charges are allocated to the appropriate group.
- Validate and approve for payment freight and optional service charges, which are in variance to accrued levels.
- Maintain the rate, route and surcharge systems to ensure the accurate, smooth and economical movement of the products out of various facilities along with the supporting documentation requirements.
- Review customer transportation freight claims and coordinate the conclusion of each incident.
- Where required, maintain a full understanding of operations at all mills, reloads, transportation firms and third party providers.
- Prepare and maintain transportation statistical and analytical reports.
- Stay current on all regulatory issues affecting the movement of Canfor’s products.
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- An interest in developing business skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a passion for excellence.
- Forward thinking and innovative, with an ability to research, analyze, and evaluate critical components of transportation processes.
- Strong computer skills and solid background working with modern office software and reporting tools.
- Previous experience working with databases and business intelligence tools, as well as an understanding of transportation modes and systems, will help you in your success.
- A post-secondary business degree or diploma, preferably with a focus on transportation / supply chain management a plus
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.