The Coordinator, Support Services supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of Food Services and Housekeeping Services ast designated sites and also oversees Laundry Services and Stores where applicable. The incumbent implements policies and procedures, manages human resources, participates in cost control measures and maintains relevant records. The position also completes special project work, as assigned. The incumbent assumes responsibility for the departments in the areas of responsibility in the absence of the Manager of Support Services. Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in the Nutrition/Dietetics field with one (1) to three (3) years' recent experience in a similar role in a healthcare organization or industry of moderate complexity, or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience.
- Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of BC and Dietitians of Canada.
- Successful completion of a two (2) year Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) accredited college
program in food service and nutrition management;
- Courses in management and supervision;
- Three (3) to five (5) years recent, related experience in an acute care or long-term care facility;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligible for membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management.
Certificate of proficiency in Laundry and/or Housekeeping.
- Food Safe Level 1 and 2.
- Experience with CBORD Food and Nutrition, or other diet software, an asset.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to reliable vehicle.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to supervise.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and in the application of computerized
technology to address communication needs, information analysis and service provision.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven interpersonal performance assessment and coaching skills.
- Ability to analyze situations and problem solve under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and to prioritize work.
- Knowledge and insight of the impact on staff of changing service provision and work procedures and the ability to develop plans for implementing change that support staff while achieving the required goals.
- Ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels of the organization and with representatives in other health care
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness and response.
- Knowledge of safety and lockout procedures.
- Working knowledge of Ministry of Health PICNet Guideline/Toolkit: BC Best Practices for Environmental
Cleaning for Prevention and Control of Infection in All Healthcare Settings.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Terrace Community