Closing Date: August 19, 2022
Reporting to the Reclamation Lead, the Coordinator, Reclamation Science is responsible for planning and delivering reclamation programs and activities in the Coal Business Unit, including all Elk Valley site-specific major, operational permitting applications. This position also provides direct supervision of field work within and outside mine boundaries and will coordinate with other Teck operations in British Columbia and Alberta as required.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who can collaborate with regulators, Indigenous Nations and internal, senior personnel across water, engineering, biodiversity, reclamation, and social responsibility disciplines. We are seeking someone with supervisory experience to mentor and be responsible for a team of direct reports of technical personnel, and consultants and contractors. Strong planning and organization abilities would be vital for success.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week, with every other Friday off, come experience what work life balance is all about. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Schedule and plan resources in accordance to project scope, schedule, and budget
- Supervise contractors and consultants working on reclamation programs
- Supervise a direct report of a technician and First Nations contractor technician
- Identify and resolve issues regarding reclamation programs and studies, and identify areas for innovation and direct work
- Manage data collection methods, standards, reporting and storage programs, including coordinating reclamation data into centralized data management systems using geographic information systems platforms
- Maintain and update monthly progress reports on reclamation projects and studies
- Lead consultation and integration efforts with mine operations on annual reclamation and decommissioning programs
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or Diploma in Science or Engineering, in an environmental-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years' experience in reclamation planning and implementation
- Technical knowledge and proven experience with reclamation and decommissioning programs
- Experience working with Indigenous Nations, regulatory agencies, local communities, and other stakeholders
- Working knowledge of provincial and federal regulatory approvals practices, legislation, and regulations, especially within British Columbia
- Demonstrated abilities in working with ArcGIS products in a large-scale, data rich environment
- Experience in an industrial setting is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, GIS, Sustainability, Law, Mining, Technology, Energy, Legal
Construction, Mining and Trades