If you are looking for friendly, supportive staff, and work life balance this may be just the opportunity that will take your career to a new level.
The Coordinator, Contracts provides appropriate and timely information related to designated service contract portfolios between Northern Health (NH) and external service providers. The incumbent has a thorough understanding and knowledge of the Health Authority contract negotiations processes and systems, and maintains awareness of legal requirements, contract terms and reporting requirements to support the organization in maximizing value and minimizing risk in contractual relationships. The Coordinator provides a qualitative review of NH service contracts, confirming that contracts are providing value to the Health Authority. This position assists in writing deliverables for contracts and assists managers with contract renewals and establishes monitoring systems to ensure the contract deliverables are met, supports contract performance, organizational decision-making and organizational performance improvement through analysis, monitoring and reporting of system performance. Provides budget, contract and report analysis and makes recommendations regarding budgeting and contract management processes and practices as requested. Works independently and communicates with internal and external stakeholders to communicate and exchange information in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
Starting salary will be approximately from $60,427 to $75,533 and will be based on education, training, experience, and salaries of similar positions.Prince George
Prince George is the centre of business, education, health and culture for northern British Columbia and services a rural population of about 300,000. The region's economic growth and diversification strategies are creating outstanding opportunities for investors, employers and employees. Affordable housing, land prices and transportation costs, due to short and quick commutes; result in one of the lowest costs of living for a city of its size in the province. Additionally, wage rates fall above provincial averages, providing residents of Prince George with a high standard of living in one of BC's most beautiful regions. The city itself is the 4th largest in British Columbia and has a population of approximately 82,300 local residents and a service centre for nearly 320,000. It is built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers. Prince George is the home of the University of Northern British Columbia - Canada's Green university. The warm, friendly and diverse population attests to a strong and dynamic community spirit. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.IMPORTANT NOTE:
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
• Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
• Program certificates or diplomas
• High school/college/university transcripts etc.
• It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resumeQualfications
• Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting / Finance or related discipline, plus five (5) years recent related contract management experience in a large complex environment and working with contract management databases.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Procurement experience an asset.Skills and Abilities:
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in Northern Health and with outside peers in related fields across other Health Authorities.
• Professional and courteous with excellent customer service
• Effective team member with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to compile and analyze data with a high level of detail.
• Flexible and willing to support the team where deemed necessary by the Manager.
• Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and to prioritize effectively.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.