Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
As a key member of the Canfor Pulp and Paper Marketing team, you will work closely with Premium 1 Papers in Kelowna. This includes close contact with sales directors, customers/agents, production planning, transportation and finance to ensure the effective delivery of customer service to Canfor Pulp's customers.
While this position is based in Vancouver, frequent travel will be required as training and ongoing support will be conducted in Kelowna, BC.
You will be part of a team whose responsibility is to satisfy customers through effectively moving our products from our mills and distribution facilities to our customers - easily, accurately, profitably, and on time.
Specific Duties Include:
- Receive, validate and enter customer orders and review letters of credit
- Review and validate letters of Credit and Documentation
- Review customer forecast and monitor customer credit, where applicable
- Maintain customer files
- Respond to customer and other requests for information, provide solutions and resolution of issues: product claims, problem documentation and delayed orders
- Generate applicable documentation, as required, including invoices, bills of lading and shipping instructions. Issue credits and rebates
- Maintain strong lines of communication with sales directors, customers/agents, planning, and transportation and finance
- Work in close unison with other team members to satisfy customer requirements, providing backup coverage when required
- Support the Global Sales Team on customer and sales related issues/opportunities
Along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, you bring to the role a minimum of two years, related experience with export and North American markets and have letter-of-credit experience, as well as some exposure to global distribution. You will also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a solid working knowledge of Microsoft applications.All interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line by no later than 4:00 pm, Wednesday, October 26th, 2016.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.