Bring your demonstrated planning, leadership and collaboration skills to this exciting opportunity as a Coordinator, General Operations
. Working in close collaboration with project planning teams on facilities/site planning and capital-related projects. You provide leadership, coordination, implementation and evaluation of a collaborative service delivery model to support and enhance integration linkages at the service delivery point of contact.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.Position Highlights:
You are responsible for coordinating the development of facility-wide services and/or initiatives for Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster, BC
with a focus on seeking and developing efficiencies within community services. You demonstrate the ability to effectively manage operation plans, design plans and multiple projects. This is a Full Time position.In this key role you will:
• Participates in the redesign and restructuring of operational systems, strategies and processes such as designing space allocation that meet strategic and operational service plans that achieve maximum efficiency and quality while improving overall service delivery.
• Collaborates with all Support Services across Fraser Health, BISS, HSSBC related to integration of regional objectives to ensure strong linkages of service delivery. Imbeds "system thinking" principles into service delivery that recognize the interdependencies of functions and services.
• Correlates and provides oversight to pre-approved equipment requests from both programs and site. Ensures approved requests are reviewed by stakeholders (Programs, Foundation, or Auxiliary), and selected items are purchased and received. Provides liaison from site to Purchasing as required.
• Monitors expenditures within approved established budget and identifies efficiencies and promotes optimal use of resources. Makes recommendations on current and future programs and service adjustments from site perspective.
• Participates in the development and implementation of multi-disciplinary quality improvement processes; ensures the coordination of services and programs to reduce gaps in service, duplication of service and that the right interface is in place to support excellence in customer service.
• Ensures that appropriate quality and safety measures are in place and compatible with industry standards and accreditation bodies; notifies appropriate regional disciplines to any breach in compliance.
• Co-ordinates the renovation process of design development and contract preparation by liaising with Facility Planning project consultants and various User Groups for assigned projects.
• Provides leadership & coordination to projects that impact site operations and patient care (i.e. Emergency Management Projects, Phone downtimes, Helipad downtime) through communication and review to ensure site operations integrity is not compromised.
• Establishes contract reporting, quality control/performance measurements and evaluation procedures and requirements; monitors client satisfaction, reporting and management systems to identify and follow-up on deficiencies in all housekeeping and laundry/linen service areas.Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree, from recognized university, in business administration, health sciences, or related field.
• Three (3) to five (5) years' recent, related progressive experience.An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.Valued Benefits:
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.