Closing Date: October 15, 2023
Reporting to the Superintendent, Continuous Improvement- the Continuous Improvement (CI) Coordinator, will guide and support the CI activities of Teck. This individual will have strong CI process knowledge, superior coaching and team development skills and have the ability to influence business improvement activities across all operations.
The CI Coordinator, will establish a community of practice across all operating sites, organize and lead internal conferences on CI, communicate improvement successes across the organization and help establish world best operating practices and generates results, that have an impact on improving operating performance across all of Teck's operations.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with Teck's Health & Safety Program and the BC Mines Act
- Oversee implementation of Business Improvement (BI) initiatives across site
- Collaborate with BI initiative owners to develop and execute workplans
- Supervise periodic audits of Integrated Operating System (IOS) routines and facilitation of coaching support to ensure and drive compliance to IOS standards
- Govern the CI process from initial ideation to prioritization of initiatives
- 5 years of leadership experience in a similar environment
- Experience working in the mining industry with strong knowledge of mine, processing, or maintenance operations.
- Capable of maintaining a positive attitude when dealing with challenges, conflicting opinions, and delayed timelines.
- Strong facilitation skills to enable participative discussions and learning among department members.
- Enthusiastic and driven by interacting with other teams.
- A team player and leader who brings discipline, process execution, initiative, and vision.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and follow up on key deliverables.
- Hands on experience with organization change management and management of change elements with successful implementation history.
- Exceptional communication (both written and oral), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement and its application in an operating environment.
- Clear understanding of change management.
- Ability to develop and execute on plans and/or programs.
- Excellent demonstrable project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and cultivate strong collaboration with operating sites.
- Strong demonstrable computer skills, in particular with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Change Management, Project Manager, Mining, Management, Technology
Apply now »
Construction, Mining and Trades