Manager, Accounting Services
The Developmental Disabilities Association has been enabling people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential with expertise, integrity, respect, and conviction for over 60 years. We are a dynamic community living agency that provides over 50 community-based programs and services to children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families in the Vancouver and Richmond areas. Over 1,600 individuals and families in the Vancouver and Richmond area are serviced by the Developmental Disabilities Association every year.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for the Association. In addition to contributing to the overall success of the organization by ensuring accuracy and timeliness in financial reporting, you will bring proven technical skills and possess the ability to manage several projects at once and meet their established deadlines.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze and present timely and accurate internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. Analyze variances and monitor actual financial results to budgets.
- Support the Director of Finance in preparing the annual operating and capital budgets and provide analytical support for budget purposes.
- Oversee the responsibilities and accountability of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team.
- Oversee internal, external and regulatory audit processes and ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Act as a professional, collaborative working partner with other Departments, Program managers, and Directors.
- Maintain, update, implement and ensure compliance with internal fianancial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of existing operations; develop and implement improvements to systems and processes.
- Anticipate, understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders (management, funders, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting experience
- University degree or College Diploma
- CPA designation or Finalist actively pursuing completion of CPA designation
- High level of technical literacy, with advanced Microsoft Excel skills and full proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
- Extensive comprehension of Sage 300 ERP or similar application
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize projects and deliverables, and interact effectively with cross-function teams
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as federal legislation affecting charities.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections with an effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to construct an audience appropriate message and communicate effectively with co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent judgement, critical thinking as well as analytical approach to decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective collaborative working relationships.
- High level of integrity, discretion, patience and accountability.
- Sound judgement, common sense, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and diplomacy
- Proactive approach to problem solving and initiative in putting ideas into action.
- Highly organized with the ability to produce quality work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- An appreciation of the value of providing service to the members of our community, and an ability to embrace the Association’s mission and values.
The Developmental Disabilities Association offers an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
If you are interested in and are qualified for this exciting opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are encouraged to visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca