is currently seeking a Controller
to join our Earth & Environment Finance Team, to lead our British Columbia Operations.
The position will be based at our Vancouver office. This position reports directly to the Vice-President Finance, Earth & Environment Canada. Why Choose WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Monitor and challenge the British Columbia Earth & Environment financial and operational performance throughout the month; provide timely financial analysis and recommendations for corrective action, as appropriate;
- Lead the preparation of all periodic accounting and financial reporting and variance analysis within the established corporate deadlines;
- Develop and lead the preparation of the annual business plan / budgets and quarterly forecasts; identify related risks and opportunities;
- Provide leadership to a team of project accountants and a work environment that fosters development, responsibility, accountability and engagement;
- Continuously review, improve, standardize and streamline business processes;
- Attend the Management / Operations Committee meetings and lead the presentation of the monthly financial results;
- Actively participate in major project reviews. Ensure proper financial support for EAC's and assist in developing mitigation plans impacting the financial performance ;
- Works hand in hand with Operations to optimize project execution and predictability;
- Partner with the operations group and understand their needs with respect to financial performance and identifying trends/issues which might impact their current or future operations;
- Manage Work in Progress and Accounts Receivables for the British Columbia region; work closely with the billing and collection teams and the project managers to optimize the DSO and drive collection push;
- Develop effective financial performance metrics and information systems for management to improve decision making;
- Ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies and standards in accordance with IFRS;
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors;
- Collaborate with other Controllers to share information and best practices, enhancement of synergy culture within Earth & Environment.
- Professional accounting designation
- A minimum of 10+ years of managerial and leadership experience in a senior financial role;
- Experience in a professional services organization is highly desirable;
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and proactive problem solving skills ;
- Experience collaborating with multiple business partners and professionals located in various locations;
- Proficiency to translate financial results, information and ideas to non-financial professionals;
- Ability to analyze short and long term financial impacts of various strategic options;
- Autonomous, collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Expected Salary (all locations): $ 110,585 - $ 138,232
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance