Well-rounded Controllership opportunity with group of Public Mineral Exploration Companies (copper, gold, and silver). Co-leading the accounting & finance function, with a focus on owning a portfolio of 3+ companies. Excellent stock option plan with short vesting period.
Who- the Company:
We are seeking a new full-time, permanent Controller for a group of publicly-listed mineral exploration companies (various metals, many geographies, well-diversified). The new Controller will report into the Group CFO, will manage and mentor accountants, and will work alongside another Controller who takes care of a different portfolio of companies within the group. The Controller will also liaise with regional accounting teams and external consultants. The individual will work indirectly with the Chairman and Executives of the Companies they manage. This Company has a tightknit accounting & finance team under a shared service model. This is a great opportunity for an accounting leader who loves variety, and it is an exciting time to join the group as they have significant growth plans in place.
What- the Role:
The Controller’s portfolio of responsibilities will be diverse.
- Collaborating with CFO on all Finance Reporting and Operations for the mineral exploration companies and working in collaboration with Financial Controller on synergies.
- Preparing financial statements, in accordance with IFRS, related to the Group’s public listings, including the preparation of multi entity consolidation, journal entries, intercompany allocation, month end and quarter end trial balances and supporting journal entries.
- Working closely with external auditors and tax authorities at year-end and relevant reporting periods
- Prepare working paper supporting documents for quarterly reviews or annual audits
- Review exploration site reporting financial and supporting documents
- Supporting deal-making and deal flow, including IPOs, M&A, and financing and work closely with the Corporate Secretary.
- Support automation projects use of accounting & finance systems and tools, in a paperless environment.
- Support the tax compliance function, in collaboration with external tax and transfer pricing consultants as needed
- Preparing banking transactions and supporting materials for treasury reports
- Run day to day financial operations
Who- the Candidate:
Qualified candidates will have solid experience in (and a true passion for!) the exciting and high change junior mineral exploration sector.
- 5-10+ years progressive experience in accounting & finance, preferably with 2+ years specifically in mining, construction, infrastructure, or other similar project-based industry.
- CPA accounting designation, or international equivalent, is required.
- Public practice training is preferred.
- Deep experience in public company accounting, particularly with TSX and TSX-V listed corporations.
- International exposure in a work context is highly preferred (i.e. overseeing global operations, living abroad) especially to the US and South American countries.
- Spanish language skills are an asset.
- Excellent technical accounting skills, including deep knowledge of IFRS
- Consolidation, Purchase Price Allocation, Cumulative Translation Adjustment, Currency Swaps
- Corporate tax compliance, tax planning, and transfer pricing skills highly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong critical thinking skills
- Systems savvy and eager to learn and master new software and tools. This company is completely paperless and uses a variety of cloud-based tools for the digital documentation of data.
- Experience with QuickBooks for Desktop is an Asset.
The Group is based out of a corporate office in downtown Vancouver. There may be occasional business travel to operating sites and to relevant conferences and events- no more than once a quarter.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, qualifications, and skills- please discuss with SWIM. The Controller will partake in a potentially very lucrative options plan and will have the opportunity to buy seed stock.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this fantastic mineral exploration Controller opportunity, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance