Great opportunity for a talented and driven Controller in Nanaimo. The close-knit team has a strong presence in the local community and are looking to add a forward-thinking individual to drive their business forward.
Who- the Client:
Our client is a mid-sized, growing manufacturing company based in Nanaimo offering a wide range of products. Having been in business for over 50 years, they have a well-established brand and a strong presence in the local community. This organization has a close-knit team that has works well together and knows the business well.
What- the Opportunity:
Our client is seeking a talented Controller to lead their finance function and work closely with operations and the board to drive the business forward. This is a versatile, hands-on yet strategic position that would lend itself well to a driven, forward-thinking individual. Reporting directly to the General Manager this role also leads a small team. The key mandate for this new Controller is to drive process improvement and best practises while also maintaining the day to day from a finance perspective.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking a designated accounting professional with 5+ years of relevant experience, that has previously been leading a finance function in a manufacturing setting. In addition, we are looking for someone that has demonstrated experience with process improvement and automation.
Main responsibilities listed below, but note these can change over time depending on business needs:
- Act as a signing authority on behalf of the Company
- Support all reporting for business units to FP&A and internal accounting
- Ensure proper financial reporting and disclosure
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions
- Manage and comply with Municipal, Provincial and Federal government for tax fillings
- Communicate with the Board and Management Team to ensure sound financial management
- Coordinate with the accounting team and provide guidance and mentoring
Generous base salary depending on experience along with a competitive overall compensation package.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance