West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America.
Recognized for the ninth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we continue to grow. Our goals are straightforward - leadership through Safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company, listed on the TSX and NYSE. Recognized for theeighth time as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path?
Our Quesnel River Pulp
division has an opportunity for a:CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
This staff position, will report to the QRP Management Team. The Control Systems Technician will be a key player in working with the mill team to maximize the control system platform to its potential. The responsibilities include Coordinating, developing and maintaining the Delta V DCS (Distributed Control System). Tasks may also include, documentation control, peer to peer training with the E&I resources, and troubleshooting both hardware and software faults through the daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely and efficiently within the pulp mill.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in many of the following:
- Delta V DCS
- Modicon Quantum PLC
- Ethernet Networks
- Instrumentation Construction
- Instrumentation Maintenance
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A valid Instrumentation certification, Interprovincial Red Seal certification in Electrical or Instrumentation, or a diploma/degree in Chemical, Process or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in either a pulp mill or heavy industrial setting is preferred.
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer software and applications, with a preference given to a candidate with Maximo, MS Excel, AutoCAD and Word.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser values of integrity, humility, teamwork, frugality, innovation, competitiveness, and respect
Quesnel River Pulp, using a high yield mechanical pulping process, produces 1100 tonnes per day of thermo-mechanical and bleached thermo-mechanical pulp. We take pride in our safety record, our effluent treatment system, the quality of our final product, and the cleanliness of our mill. We constantly strive to be an industry leader.
QRP offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resumes and proof of qualifications in confidence.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Manufacturing and Production Operations and Logistics